• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Gatchaman movie! Woo hoO!

Gatchaman...it's about time!

Shooty* said:
Where's the Transformers movie, while we're on the subject?
Oh god, please don't get me started on that insulting piece of bantha poodo of an attempt at a movie about our belovid Robot in Desquise.............

I was watching an episode of Transformers: Cybertron this morning. THey got Primus awake. Apparently, this was a good thing as he defeated a giant Starscream, who was the size of a planet.

WHAT??!?!?!

It was bad enough when they brought out Beast Wars Transformers. Now you have Transformers: Energon, Transformers: Cybertron, and several other variants with minicons, etc. Seriously, kids need dual core multi-processing brains to cope with all this. The only people who can multitask to the level required to integrate all these varients are women, who such cartoons are not aimed at.

You want to get really confused? Try reading (and understanding) the wikipedia entry for Yu-Gi-Oh, or trying to get your head around how many kinds of Power Rangers (wild force, mystic force, vanilla, etc) there are. It's like smoking crack.

Shooty* said:
I was watching an episode of Transformers: Cybertron this morning. THey got Primus awake. Apparently, this was a good thing as he defeated a giant Starscream, who was the size of a planet.

WHAT??!?!?!

It was bad enough when they brought out Beast Wars Transformers. Now you have Transformers: Energon, Transformers: Cybertron, and several other variants with minicons, etc. Seriously, kids need dual core multi-processing brains to cope with all this. The only people who can multitask to the level required to integrate all these varients are women, who such cartoons are not aimed at.

You want to get really confused? Try reading (and understanding) the wikipedia entry for Yu-Gi-Oh, or trying to get your head around how many kinds of Power Rangers (wild force, mystic force, vanilla, etc) there are. It's like smoking crack.
That's the great thing about my generation and those after me, out brains CAN multitask at intense speeds. But everyone's brain can do that...it's just your processor speed that factors in....and they are getting faster every minute.... :lol:

Pah.

The concept and use of the word "generation", like licquorice and Rod Stewart, will die out with the current generation of 50 somethings, who are the only thing keeping it alive.

In future, the will be denoted by software style concepts. "Guitargod 1.5" for your great-great-great-Grandson". "Chuck-Hell 1.3" for your great grandson, etc.

You know it makes sense.

Shooty* said:
Pah.

The concept and use of the word "generation", like licquorice and Rod Stewart, will die out with the current generation of 50 somethings, who are the only thing keeping it alive.

In future, the will be denoted by software style concepts. "Guitargod 1.5" for your great-great-great-Grandson". "Chuck-Hell 1.3" for your great grandson, etc.

You know it makes sense.
LOL.

I loved speed racer. Go speed racer go. What about Astroboy, the movie is scheduled for 2009. And then there's the Sherman and Mr. Peabody movie coming too. I really love old cartoons

imaguitargod said:
Nope, sorry, my generation is only a quarter of a century old.

Laugh while you can, the kids now will be laughing at you soon enough. Grouping yourself with "those that come after" is only good for those that were born after but still in the same year as you. Keep Clinging if it comforts you! Ask some 18 year old if he knows what gatchaman is. See how cool you are then. All in good fun, but you started it! You may want to consider snorting a little less cayenne, it has distorted your perspective!:mouthonfire:

chuk hell said:
No idea what the hell this crap is.

My generation had Speed Racer.

AND WE LIKED IT!
From the upcoming Speed Race film...the Mach 5!
0142520B.jpg

Back