• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest frydad4 vs. Marcie

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BATTLE ROYALE

frydad4 (Reigning Champ) vs. Marcie (Challenger)

Throwdown: German dish w/German beer as an ingredient

Rules:
You must create a German appetizer or entree, etc. with German beer as an ingredient. The focus is on the entree, no side dishes unless it is necessary for the meal.

Proof of Life = .90 (coins in one picture totaling the amount)

You may post as many teaser pics, and progress pics as you want.

You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Make sure the German beer used in in one of the presentation pics. Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.

Must have a hot pepper ingredient.

Those are the rules. If you have questions please get together with your competitor to figure it out.

Begin!

ENDS Sunday 10 pm EDT

Too bad germans don't drink Busch Light.
Throwdowns wont be the same without my B-Lizzy.

I'm cookin' this afternoon. Stay tuned.
Good luck Marcie!

good luck to both of you...remember to taste test at least a six pack of what you are going to use...

Gonna go get my stuff very soon. I'm feeling torn on being relatively authentic and "LOL THIS IS SO ABSURD".

Marcie, you cook like a girl!

come on guys...I feel like I am cooking alone here...

***giddyup***

IMG_3696.jpg

Ich bin so männlich meine behaarte Brust hat eine behaarte Brust!

let see some updates...

I'm interested in seeing what he's going down.

You better quit pouring beers in glasses that rep different brands. Blasphemous.

You better quit pouring beers in glasses that rep different brands. Blasphemous.

Make 'em mind their p's and q's, Marcie! Some boys never learn~~~ ;)

Looking forward to your official entries. All of these first weekend entries are setting the bar ^^^^

SL

I don't think Germany has a Harlem, but I was wondering what Chicken and Waffles would be like in Bavaria.
So...I made Schweine-Schnitzel mit waffel.
Pork. Chicken is for das pusseis.
I will no longer speak German, so my American friends can know how awesome this was!!!
Here's the prep pics.

IMG_3705.jpg

Apple and scotch bonnet reduction. It's gonna top it all.

German bier-batteren for the schnitzel.
IMG_3706.jpg

Mrs. Frydad pounds meat like no other!
IMG_3711.jpg

Beer Batter German Waffles in a waffle iron made in china (I'm so multi-cultural...)
IMG_3718.jpg

More batter. Well stirred!!!
IMG_3720.jpg

Fryin ze-meat!!!
IMG_3723.jpg

Just wait till you see how it came out!!!!
Final post tomorrow.
Keep your lederhosen on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back