overwintering First Attempt At Overwintering

Hi there.  Just wanted to share a couple of pictures of my first attempt at overwintering.  I do not have anywhere to keep these things, so a family member is allowing me to overwinter a few plants in his greenhouse.  It does not have much for artificial lighting, but it is covered with opaque fiberglass panels and is temperature controlled at 65-70 degrees.  I was not too sure about this as I feel I went a little too far.  All of these were planted in the same pots from Solo cups and have not been transplanted, with the exception of the 1 Carolina Reaper ( I will show which.  Hopefully these will survive the long winter here in zone 3.  And if they do not survive, at least I tried rather than just toss them. 

How often should these be watered over the winter?  I do not want to produce over the winter, but rather just keep living.  I had not pruned like a madman the 2 plants with ripening pods as I want them to ripen on the plant, then will prune.  Is this a bad idea?  Anyways, thanks for looking and the help throughout my first year growing.

Carolina Reaper just removed from raised bed, transplanted and pruned today on left.  Trinidad Moruga Scorpion on left, in change and pruned about a week ago.  Caroline Reaper in back on left side is same as picture 2.

M8cOoWN.jpg

Carolina Reaper that spent its whole life in this pot.  Not yet pruned as it has a few small unripe pods yet.

osxyKD8.jpg

Left to right.  Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pot Douglah, White Bhut Jolokia (has 2 pods on it that I will try to let ripen after the harsh pruning).  All these were pruned about a week ago.  All plants are now living in the garage.  I will also include a before picture of this group.

iknQ8aq.jpg

And the before, slightly rearranged...

92EbWF7.jpg

Back