• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse First 80 Plants In Greenhouse 02-22-09

AlabamaJack said:
Cappy...if you are serious about getting a greenhouse like I have, you can get into it the way I have it set up including tables and lights for under $1000

AJ,

I'm hoping to construct a 10x16 (or there about) for $500 this summer. Use the lumber from a barn/shed I am replacing for the frame and two walls. Cover the roof and another wall with 4-6 mil clear plastic, add a door to the other wall. I'll use it from September until July, give or take a couple of weeks. I'll have to build the tables, add the lights etc., which won't be cheap. Insulate the crap out of the sides with lumber, maybe line the walls with blue and red plastic with water pipes running behind them. Pick your brain to see how to hook a thermostat up to the water so once it gets above 100 degrees a pump kicks on to circulate through radiators.

Anyways, that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!

Mike

6 mil visquene is about 85 dollars for a 20 foot wide roll that is 100 ft long...what I bought for my tent was 10 foot wide and 25 feet long and it was 26...

AlabamaJack said:
6 mil visquene is about 85 dollars for a 20 foot wide roll that is 100 ft long...what I bought for my tent was 10 foot wide and 25 feet long and it was 26...

AJ,

That sounds about the same as I had found it for. One roll would cover me - even going with two layers.

Mike

I love the overhead shot of the plants AJ. As I look at the photo the first thing I notice is the uniformity and overall wellness of all the plants. When I look at mine I see the occasional yellowish leaf or a slightly curled one, some not as full as the others. With all of the hard work and effort you put into yours they should look that good. You have definitely earned it.

Keep showing us how it's done old timer and one of these days we'll all ketchup!;)

Back