• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Final Harvest(Part 2)

Picked all the rest of my Plants today.Good thing as
there is a "hard" freeze tonight.It was a awesome year,
I exceded my expectations and thanks to all again for the help.
Here are the last 2 harvest pics for 08:(
Habs,Hot Wax,Tollies and Jalapenos
the habs tollies and hot wax all got late starts
bad.jpg

Numex Big Jims (these were the 2nd batch of pods I got
from my 1 plant
bad1.jpg

and just 1 more question????
The banana in the bag trick
How long should it take to ripen??
I have all mine in a big grocery bag with 2 bananas
onto of my fridge.Good? bad?? any help would be great.
Tom

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
and just 1 more question????
The banana in the bag trick
How long should it take to ripen??
I have all mine in a big grocery bag with 2 bananas
onto of my fridge.Good? bad?? any help would be great.
Tom

It depends on how close they are to ripening. The closer they are to ripening the shorter it will be. If they are close it could be a day. If they aren't close it could take a week.

Seeing those big jims makes me sad as i only have a few left and i love to stuff them and but them on the b.b.q,Great last harvest buddy and the trick works just give it time :P

I no what you mean the wife said i thought this was hobby as i bought another ten 1 litre jars yesterday..Just think of all that heat through those cold winter nights :P

Yep, this hobby really keeps you busy, you only have a month or two with nothing to do but enjoying the heat before you start the seeds for next season. It's a hard life, huh?? :lol:

Chiliac said:
Yep, this hobby really keeps you busy, you only have a month or two with nothing to do but enjoying the heat before you start the seeds for next season. It's a hard life, huh?? :lol:

Yup it's hard alright.. I wonder what the poor people are doing..:lol:

HPFF, I can relate, still drying and freezing peppers yet but I'm now down to 5-6 grocery bags instead of 20...I need a new freezer and may wear out the dehydrator but it'll be so worth it! The ripening in the bag works pretty well and sure helps since I had to pick so many green peppers.

I can vouch for the "fruit" ripening technique.
We had a frost warning last Tues, so on the weekend I picked everything.
I then placed all my peppers on my table with a number of apples and pears and then covered everything with a table cloth... All I know is they are ripening fast. Some where dark green without any sign of ripening and now they are turning yellow/orange/red...

Yes i no itstarts to feel like work after a while and those damn birds eye types im sick of picking the damn things..Shouldn't complain..Just my hands seem to glow a lot even with cloves :cheers:

Back