Filtering process

What do you use to strain your sauce from the pulp? I've tried a ricer, food mill, coffee filters, but none of them are real great. So any tips appreciated.
Dick C.
dicksknives@aol.com

Welcome from East Oakland, Ca. How 'bout a strainer, smashing it all with a bowl below it and throwing back into a blender? CRAP!!!!! GUN SHOTS!!!! And a speeding car down my street!!!!!!! No joke. That just happened....

And like what Paulky said... Don't strain your sauces.

I like my sauce seedy and chunky, just like I like my women... But I also like my blackberry jam the same way, and I'm now going to slab a huge ass slab of that on one piece of bread and a big ass slab of peanut butter on the other piece of bread and slap the together, pour me a big ass cup of milk and then leave you alone... No but really, Just strain it. You can push it all through with a 2" or 3" plate into a bowl.............. You'll figure it out. I'm going to my sandwich, so good luck.......

You likely just need to cook then blend or emulsify your sauce more. Filtering it will take out a lot of thickness leaving you with a very thin, liquidy sauce

Howdy from Texas, by way of Ohio! :welcome:

Check out the Throwdown thread - we'd love to see an entry from you in October!

G

Back