• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Favorite plant pics 2006

I've got so many favorites this year, but heres my top three right now.
My most prolific plant has to be my Neon Yellow habs. 100+ peppers on each
peppers0130tr.jpg

A favorite of all my guests is this chinese 5-color
chinese5color12yo.jpg

Here's Suzie my giant Whippet's Tail before re-potting
newpep0043xi.jpg

(largest pod 27cm so far)
newpep0038ma.jpg

Chinese 5 color is awesome!

POTAWIE said:
A favorite of all my guests is this chinese 5-color
Actually, that's a Bolivian Rainbow Chili and it's an annuum. You must not have it in full light because the leaves are not the usual purple color.

POTAWIE said:
Here's Suzie my giant Whippet's Tail before re-potting
Holy Toledo! I'll trade you some seeds!

I think the chinese 5 color is very similar to bolivian rainbow. It is an annuum but I guess its from china. (more chinese confusion). This was actually a pic of last years plant. Here's this year's with more purple. Going in the garden soon

I'll definitely be trading seeds over the winter although isolation of plants is not a priority so all may not breed true.

The Chinese multi-color that I planted looked very similar to your Chinese 5 color only these were definately of the habanero family, C.Chinese. Thin walled and about the size/shape of a habanero when ripe. I will post a picture when I get home from work.

Hi Potawie,

A 28cm Whippets Tail already!!! - Im glad the contest is running till the end of October to give us all a chance to catch up!!. Your monster is top of the pile so far:

http://www.thechileman.org/whippet_challenge.php

That Chinese Five Color Plant is absolutely beautiful and also reminds me very much of Bolivian rainbow. Im growing out both this year for comparison although niether has any fruit yet. At least in the last few days we have finally started to get a bit of decent sun here in the UK.

Hope all you Guys are well on that side of the pond

Mark

darlochileman said:
That Chinese Five Color Plant is absolutely beautiful and also reminds me very much of Bolivian rainbow. Im growing out both this year for comparison although niether has any fruit yet. At least in the last few days we have finally started to get a bit of decent sun here in the UK.

Hope all you Guys are well on that side of the pond

Mark

Keep us updated, I'd like to see if there is a difference. Beautiful flowers for an Annuum. I got two clones off a broken branch (cat burglar) of the 5-color and they are already flowering in their 'mini' version. These little guys will be much easier to bring in over the winter than their huge mother. Pics coming soon.

Here are my mini 5-color plants cloned from a broken branch. I must try this with other varieties.

Here's a nice Fatalii I can't wait to try. Such beautiful Pods.

Hard to see any pepper plants with this big girl (and the weeds). This is my Castor Bean plant and its the biggest I've ever seen. Very tropical looking annual but seeds are poisonous. Ya thats's me, Potawie trying to hide from the camera. Ya another skinny-boy chilehead.

bubbaschili said:
i was about to say...hey that plant is growing a skinney white boy

I'll make sure to save seed from that one.

Castor Bean: Large tropical looking plant which grows big leaves and skinny white boys. Good ornamental.

Back