Fatalii Pepper Sprouts

Wow they are looking good!

Your weather must be starting to warm up yes? I'm guessing that because it has just started to get cold and rain regularly here.

Come back summer... COME BACK!!

It did warm up here and all my peppers are outside now and growing fast, one thing I leanred is peppers grown promix bx vs jiffy seed starter grow signifigantly faster,these and my white habs were planted a while after the rest atleast a week in the promix and both have outgrown my first planted seedlings, I wish I would have dated it and gotten pics currently all plants are in the promix and growing like weeds I'll get pics of the rest up sometime soon.

If you talking about my first pics that is just how Brian aka justaguy shipped them to me, I believe he germinated them in soil, I used the coffee filter and baggie method this year which is similar and it worked great although I think I'll just start them in promix next year.

Brian, all my plants have been getting fish ferts at least once a week and probably twice in most cases, a major part of it though is the promix these have by far out grown everything planted in jiffy all receiving the same ferts and in the same conditions, I am now a believer Promix BX :D

a major part of it though is the promix these have by far out grown everything planted in jiffy all receiving the same ferts and in the same conditions, I am now a believer Promix BX
I think the major differences are perlite vs verm as well as the Mychorrizal innoculant. Myco makes everything grow better. I like perlite better too but I use both. I don't buy mixes very often though. Its cheaper to just make your own super soil. Peat, perilte, vermiculite, worm castings, blood, bone, guano, myco, and lime always grow TREES. The more aerated your soil is the easier it is for those roots to become super nutrient highways :)

I haven't updated in a while so here's a shot of one of the fatalli's in a 3 gallon pot, it's growing like a weed with little peppers popping out all over.

IMAG0057.jpg

I sold and gave away 20 of my 30 Bhuts which was a good thing looking at all the peppers each plant is starting to produce, my white Habenero peppers are starting to produce as well, the Thai and Jalapeño peppers are overloaded with peppers as expected the only ones that are still not producing is the Caribbean Habenero's but that should change shortly.

All in all it's a good first season with very little loss, I'll get more pics up soon.

Back