• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients exotic nutrients

There is a lot of crazy when it comes to "sciency" things like this, and the even crazier thing is that some people spend so much energy chasing conspiracy theories, when a little research would teach them the simple truth.

America has more to worry about than radiation leaking from Japan.

But then again, I might be a part of the conspiracy, sent here to plant misinformation.

WoooOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooooo...

I would say the only thing to be really concerned about is if they are young plants and you are expecting heavy rain. Beyond that, if they are properly drained and you don't get concentrated acid rain, then you are in good shape. If you are worried about it, then cover 'em up. Me personally, I've noticed plants really perk-up more after a rainstorm than after a watering.

Lightning makes grass and other plants greener because it is good for them. Lightning does help produce a form of nitrogen that is useful for growing plants. What happens is lightning causes oxygen and nitrogen to combine and form nitrogen oxide, a key ingredient in many fertilizers.

Read more: Why does my grass look greener after a lightning storm? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/73953#ixzz1GovuviRV

I do live in a rain forest on Vancouver Island, Its been raining here pretty well for the past 5 days, and its supposed to keep raining. Bring on the radiation, lol. Maybe I can get some mutated Pac Choi and Onions, if I can get my garden built this weekend...

thank you all for voicing your concerns

my chilis will have to just tough it out

i will try to use the stuff that i got as best as i can
or try to use stuff i collect

the real fun starts after they admit they "knew" and thought it better not to tell "us"

so we would not "worry"

Back