• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking End of harvest smoke

So I went through the buckets with end of Fatalii harvest and some pods from my covered 200[sup]2[/sup] out back.

100_2024.jpg

5 Yellow 7Pots
2 Yellow Scorpions
2 Brain Strains
1 Jimmy Nardello
15 Fataliis
2 Naga Morich

These all went in the smoker.
I decided to break out the Pear wood.
Now they are in the dehydrator. Will get pics when they are done there.

Tonight I am going in the freezer to fill a tray with Morouga Scorpions and smoke them with Chestnut.

nice! i'm going to try to get around to smoking some chocolate habs, chocolate bhuts, and chocolate habalokia this weekend.

ran a batch last weekend with another batch from pepperproblem. have not had a chance to update my other thread with it.

7 Pot Douglah
Manzano
Ricotto

I had to double layer some stuff. Over applewood for about 6 hours.

IMAG0563.jpg

Ok so I just went out and loaded the tray with Morouga Scorpions from the freezer.
100_2025.jpg

Then a standard(for me) layer of chips, Chestnut this time
100_2026.jpg

I plug it in and a few minutes later when the smoke gets to about this level I unplug it and it will smoulder for the next 3-4 hours.
100_2027.jpg

Tomorrow morning they will get put in the dehydrator.

I don't need a dehydrator here. Our lack of humidity would turn a grapefruit into a raisin. Makes for super colorful dried peppers without asphyxiating anyone in the process:D

But I AM jealous. Looks awesome! Lovely batch of peppers.

And what differences do you notice between pear wood smoke, and chestnut smoke? Always wondered that.

Pear wood give a nice light hint of pear with the smokey edge and chestnut wood(not the actual chestnuts of course) give an almost BBQ sauce flavor. It complimented some Chocolate habs I smoked with it a few weeks ago. I am thinking it will give a nice twist to the Morougas.

That is gonna be some super smokey tasty powder Brian.I am very jealous of your neighbors :fireball:
:rofl: The ones directly beside me are happy it is not warm enough to have their windows open. They both grew up in the country, but hate the smell of burning wood. Thank the lord there are no laws about using smokers.

:rofl: they were in the uncovered garden, but they were reaching the stepladder stage. lol.

Been almost 2 hours and there is still a nice steady gentle smoke rolling. Lifted to check the chips and it looks like there is still 80% left, so they should be getting another 6 or so hours. Soon time for bed. Will update in the morning.

Back