seed-train EDIT: Any Interest in a Mixed Seed Train? Newbies? Established Growers?

FWIW-
My experience mailing:
Some small 5 1/4" x 7" bubble envelopes with 6 or 8 small plastic zip lock bags, [~dozen seeds each] have gone through @ $0.65.
I have had similar envelopes containing more seeds call for $1.20 postage [more weight] and go through OK.
But I had one returned with the stamps CANCELED, notification that the proper fee for this type envelope was $1.95. I lost the $1.20 in stamps but more important, the time in delivery plus the cost and hassle of an extra trip to the post office.

The key is the thickness of the envelope vs the automated machinery in the post office processing. Bubble envelopes with anything but thin contents [less than 1/4"] have the potential to jam in the sorters. Jam ups pi** :mad: off the workers. If you are lucky your envelope may come back to you -- or they may end up :evil: 'going postal' with it ???

The $1.95 provides for hand processing and (should be) much more reliable.

Okay Moms a postal employee so I'll open the package when I get it and then run it by her house that night with a few $$$$ to cover postage. Then she can measure and weight it out and ensure proper postage.

Okay Moms a postal employee so I'll open the package when I get it and then run it by her house that night with a few $$$$ to cover postage. Then she can measure and weight it out and ensure proper postage.
You are a lucky guy ! :party: Thank your Mom for all of us. :clap:

Just a note, I almost always mail from one of those private "mail shops," like Mail Mart or the like. I don't know if that has anything different to do with the postage rate, or not. Anyway, really happy to see the enthusiasm in this thread. Hope all the plants you all grow go bonkers with hotness!

I got the package today. Alot of seeds. The peach pod was mushed by the mail sorter. I tried some mush( had a nice flavor and awesome heat) and salvaged the seeds. I'll keep half and send the rest along. I also added about half my seed bank including peach naga, dorset naga, black hungarian, red and yellow 7 pot among a few others. I also ate some of the pods saving the seeds for myself of course. Loved the sweet hawaiian, had a nice flavor with not so much heat. Will ship out to badger tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll post pics as things arise, as far as a glog I'm still a noob and trying to get my feet wet before I go showing off my lack of skills.

I'm sure I'll post pics as things arise, as far as a glog I'm still a noob and trying to get my feet wet before I go showing off my lack of skills.

I did a Glog my first year, knowing absolutely zero. It's a great way to put what you are doing out there and get help from others. I learned a lot from comments made in my Glog, and met a lot of great people from the board along the way.

I got it yesterday and I'll probably spend the weekend sorting through it and adding any varieties that I have that aren't already represented. Ship out tuesday most likely. There's a lot in there!!! SanPatricio you up after me?

where is this train.... i am getting pms asking if i stole it and hell i didnt even get it... somebody better fiqure it out because this is nuts

badger126-Sent 11 November 2012 - 03:29 PM
Hey man send me your address and I'll get this going at the beginning of the week.

tylerdodd25_92-Sent 11 November 2012 - 03:49 PM
ok thanks

Tyler Dodd
my addy

^^^^^^^^^^^ havent heard one word about it untill now since november 11th 2012

Hey Tyler, next time just send a PM bro if you're wondering. I'm very sorry as I just sent this actually earlier today. Life has hit me over the last couple of weeks as I'm a full time nursing student, work full time, and have a family. Apologies to anyone who was waiting for this, I understand that it doesn't take a lot of time to stop at the post office and mail something, it just took a backseat with all the other things I have going on right now.

I did spend a bunch of time one evening going through and adding every variety that I have that isn't already represented on the train and I didn't take much. You should be pretty happy with what's on there, it's pretty significant.

alright man im sorry its just i got numerous emails asking why i havent posted for it and asking if i had it and wasnt telling anyone. i dont care how long you keep it. i just didnt like getting blamed for stealing it and other bs

Apologies to anyone who was waiting for this, I understand that it doesn't take a lot of time to stop at the post office and mail something, it just took a backseat with all the other things I have going on right now.

I think we all can understand life getting in the way of something like this. May I offer a suggestion to anyone who is delayed in getting the seed package out to the next in line? It would be quite quick and easy to make a quick post in this thread stating that the package arrived and personal issues are causing a delay in getting the package back out. Then when it has been sent out a quick post stating such. That way there are no questions and no drama. This is supposed to be fun. I had nothing to do with it, but I'm sorry this happened to you, Tyler.

What's going on Tyler? :tear:
You say you are going to ship on Dec 1.
When nothing shows up, you tell me you didn't ship 'because you went hunting' Sat through Monday.
You said you shipped on Tuesday.
Still nothing and now you tell ME to check with USPS ???
Where is the tracking number? :think:

okay youve been harrasing me through pms all week and now your doing it here you need to chill the F**k out man they were shipped... when i told you they were shipped tuesday they were so just chill out and have a beer i think you could use one.

Back