• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic DWC Hydroponic Chiles Getting Edema

I'm trying to figure out how to correct the edema issue I have with some of my chile plants in my DWC hydroponic system? Is edema an issue that threatens the well being of my plants? If its any help I use Flora Micro,Gro,Bloom with the following supplements; Calimagic,Floralicous Plus,Florablend,Liquid Cool Bloom, and Radpid Start. Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much!

Are they well spaced with a fan on them? Edema usually isnt a problem, just as long as its not severe edema. It could be to humid as well.Edema tends to occur when plants take up more water through the roots than they can use or release through their leaves. This usually happens when the soil is warm and very moist, while the air is cool and humid

I experienced the same problem with my DWC basil last year. I ended up going with the explanation that it happened once lights shut off and temps quickly dropped, causing the edemas.

As megahot said, normally it's no problem as long as it's not extreme.

Schonke said:
I experienced the same problem with my DWC basil last year. I ended up going with the explanation that it happened once lights shut off and temps quickly dropped, causing the edemas.

As megahot said, normally it's no problem as long as it's not extreme.
How did you remedy the issue? Were you successful?

Back