• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Drunken BBQ/Grilling

Well, since we already have the wildly successful Drunken Chef (thanks to our great member, TB), I decided to make a version of that's specificly designed for us BBQ fans out there.

To start this off, I stopped off at Fat Head's Brewing company (I'm on their website I go there so much :rolleyes: ) for three pints of some high abv goodness. Then picked up some MEAT for the fire, made some Defcon ZERO pumpkin pie (still in the oven), had a pint of Passow's Berry Your Dead (needs another week to be spot on) and preped the pound of sirlion.

One half I rubber Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat Rub. On the other half, Mild To Wild Pepper Company Chipotle BBQ.

I cracked open a bomber of Stone's Smoked Porter, picked some Ground Cherries, put them in tin foil with some high grade (read: $$$$) almond oil, and threw it on the grill and covered. 10 minutes later I opened it up and seasoned the grill and charcoal with fat from the sirlion. Then on went the meat.

grill1.jpg

First I seared both sides and then cooked to rare. Pulled everything off and consumed:

grill2.jpg

The Sauce Goddess was fantastic and the Chipotle Sauce was pritty good but it's better suited for ribs and chiken. Oh, and the beer is great too!

Man, Iggy...I'm impressed!

BTW, I had just about the same thing for my dinner too.

Oh and the first pic is kind of trippy man, all out of focus and with the flashes of sparks. Cool... OMG, I must have consumed too much alcohol, cause I just said trippy :lol: LMAO

Pepperfreak said:
Man, Iggy...I'm impressed!

BTW, I had just about the same thing for my dinner too.

Oh and the first pic is kind of trippy man, all out of focus and with the flashes of sparks. Cool... OMG, I must have consumed too much alcohol, cause I just said trippy :lol: LMAO

Thanks! Ya, if you say trippy, I know I've done something right :hell:

My only question is this....Thought you didn't eat cow meat cause the cows were evil?

*walking around in a drunken confused state*

You know...if you look at that picture and just let your eyes relax, those sparks almost look like they are moving. OMG! Iggy, get out of my head!! :lol:

He has no problem getting rid of them! Think about it ;)

Pepperfreak said:
My only question is this....Thought you didn't eat cow meat cause the cows were evil?

*walking around in a drunken confused state*

You know...if you look at that picture and just let your eyes relax, those sparks almost look like they are moving. OMG! Iggy, get out of my head!! :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
He has no problem getting rid of them! Think about it ;)

Them cows are mighty tasty!

Excellent thread title if'n I do say so my'sef! Fire. check. Meat. check. beer. check. Proceed with the drunkenessess. check!

Salute',TB.

I agree with the great fire pic IGG. Steak looked pretty good too. I was going to give you extra SoFlo points for the can in the background, until, I realized its a Pepsi. -1. Overall, good thread idea, good pics, good food, good beer. Excellent win.

JayT said:
I agree with the great fire pic IGG. Steak looked pretty good too. I was going to give you extra SoFlo points for the can in the background, until, I realized its a Pepsi. -1. Overall, good thread idea, good pics, good food, good beer. Excellent win.

Thanks. The Pepsi can isn't mine, I won't touch that shit. The Pilsner and pint glasses, however, are mine. :hell:

Grilled up a slamming marinated shell steak. There's some heat in the marinade. This thang had flavor!

(PS. Thread cleaned up, and title edited so there are no further issues :D)

Attachments

• shellsteak_9_20_09.jpg
    shellsteak_9_20_09.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 101
mmmm steak. Got grill pics from last night to post this eve although I may have not been technically drunk at the time. Does that count?

Salute',TB.

Actually, it's Hoptical Illusion..... ohhh! Wish you had some??

texas blues said:
mmmm steak. Got grill pics from last night to post this eve although I may have not been technically drunk at the time. Does that count?

Salute',TB.
If there's alky in the pic it counts, but hurry, those pics are almost old ;)

Alright ya'll. I got down brown in The Blues Kitchen for a bit of Drunk Grilling. I had some 16/20's I marinaded in teriyaki and sriaracha for about 6 hours. I made up a little dirty rice (without chicken livers though) in the cast iron to go with the shrimp. Here's some of the goin's on ya'll....

What would this thread be without a gratuitous duckfart....

IMG_1541.jpg

Rice is ....garlic, yellow onion, 'peno, red bell, unknown red chiles (medium heat), pequin's, chix stock.

IMG_1543.jpg

Carmelized grill goodness...

IMG_1545.jpg

Might as well throw it all on a tortilla with squeezin's of lime, tillamook cheddar and green onions. The Pinkus Dark Jubilate was most appropos and excellent!

IMG_1552.jpg

Get 'yo grill hot ya'll!

Salute', TB.

Awesome.

I've been marinating some more steak overnight.

Honestly TB, ya must be on my brainwave as I did up a sweet-sour marinade for the beef...yesterday.

Gonna make sweet & sour beef and cabbage with stoopidly hot peppers. ;)

Back