• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Double parking incident did he get what he deserved? A survey.

How did I handle the situation???

• Ignore the incident and went on my way?

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Report the kids that left the scratch on the car?

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Give the kids a thumbs up as they passed and enjoyed the moment?

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Reported the kids to the police and gave them the license plate of the kids truck?

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Went to a nice restaurant last night to celebrate a friends new job and ended up at a local mall that has horrible parking. After going through about 4-5 flights in a parking complex I spot an open space. Well what I thought was an open space. Seems someone thought their nice new convertible red sports car was too good for just 1 spot so of course had to park in the middle of 2 spots to ensure no one would get within 3 feet of the miraculous vehicle. I was a bit up set and annoyed, but I live in "The OC" and things like this happen often so I simply move on to the next spot a few flights up. Before I could get the truck into drive I noticed a truck full of teenagers blaring up behind me fast radio rockin. The thought they found a spot and was not as understanding about the double parker that I was. As turned around the ramp going up I slowed and noticed one of them jumped out with screwdriver in hand and left a nice scratch across the car. The alarm went crazy and the kids took off.

What do you think I did???

Post your vote in the Poll!!

I don't care what the offense is, you simply can not be destructive with someone elses property....

I would have smiled and went on my way. While I don't condone the kids actions, I also smile when Carma (get it, hehehe) catches up with assholes.

I would have squised my way into the spot (as long as I wasn't over any lines) and let the asshole in the nice car worry about how he was going to get into his car with out damaging his precious baby. :lol:

I've seen frickin people take up three spots parking their Mercedes cross-wise.

You do that, you're open game for whatever.

boutros said:

Ditto. Price you pay for being a self-absorbed a'hole...

When I was a kid one of my dad's friends had gotten a brand new sports car (don't remember what kind) but we rode with him go buy something at Best Buy . The parking lot was mostly empty so he parked in the very back across two spaces. I don't find this quite as assholic because there were literally 60 open spaces much closer to the store. Anyway, someone came and parked like 3 inches from his car and opened their door into it leaving a small ding. Well, when we exited the store to find this, the my dad's friend proceded to kick in the entire side of the offending car. Like all the way in. Almost looked like it had been in a wreck. Then we all hopped in his car and drove off.

I had so much respect/fear for him from that point on....

Txclosetgrower said:
When I was a kid one of my dad's friends had gotten a brand new sports car (don't remember what kind) but we rode with him go buy something at Best Buy . The parking lot was mostly empty so he parked in the very back across two spaces. I don't find this quite as assholic because there were literally 60 open spaces much closer to the store. Anyway, someone came and parked like 3 inches from his car and opened their door into it leaving a small ding. Well, when we exited the store to find this, the my dad's friend proceded to kick in the entire side of the offending car. Like all the way in. Almost looked like it had been in a wreck. Then we all hopped in his car and drove off.

:clap::cheers:

Great story.

Yeah- if someone parks weird out in the boonies, that's sorta an exception. Otherwise, it bespeaks- come do skateboard tricks on and off my car. Reminds me of skating through La Jolla as a youngster. I was never good enough to ollie up and roll across hoods, but many a bumper front and back got a good tailslide. Rolls, Benz, Beemer...

If you park way out, why park in 2 spaces?

I am with AJ. I would never, myself, exact any punishment or revenge.

If, however someone else does. I wouldn't judge them.

Txclosetgrower said:

Oh, so it was YOU people who f**ked my car up that day! I've been wondering who did that to me.:lol:

boutros said:

hahah of course you see it ALL the time as I do since we are both in California. Not sure how other states fair, but I can only guess it's not that bad as California.

I am beginning to wonder if I belong on this forum...with all the acid that is in peoples craws...dang it...live and let live folks...and be good to your fellow man...

no matter what others do, you simply do not have the right to do anything against the offender...let the law take care of the offenders...and that means you have to be proactive with law enforcement...

Hey sorry AJ if you're referring to me, just talkin' about some teen age shenanigans- now I know what goes around comes around.

You have to know that when you park that way, it bugs the ever living shit out of people who would do something to your car. You have to know that there are people who lack respect for others property, who hate you for having a nice car and who would take it upon themselves to let you know that you are being an asshole when you park that way. I say anyone who parks that way should know they are rolling the dice.

I have parked my truck that way only on a great occasion, and as stated previously, way out in the back where no one should care. I tend to park there anyhow cause I hate door dings. All the precautions I have taken and my truck still manages to collect "character". I can understand door dings and not wanting to get one. But when a parking lot is full, taking up two spots is just asking for it man.

I guess it's a different generation AJ...and I'm glad I don't live in Cali. ;)

There's a big difference between leaving a "colorful" note and causing them hundreds of dollars in damage for something that didn't actually hurt you.

Might not even have been the owner's doing...how many dumb kids drive Daddy's nice car?

I agree with AJ...With out individuals who are willing to step up and be proactive with Law Enforcement, nothing would ever get resolved. I think that we as individuals within society sometime forget that we are all in this (life) together and we should look out for each other, because one day we may need someone to look out for us.

Peace

Ha, I see nobody has voted for reporting them yet. :lol: I've often thought of lashing out on certain vehicles for this offense..particularly when there is just no damn parking anywhere else. I haven't done anything though because I just have this thing for cars. Wouldn't mind running into the guy or gal coming back out to their car though! :hell:

people that take up 2 parking spots are F'ing A-holes!!! if you're so worried about scratches then park elsewhere!!! I'd wouldnt scratch the car but I'd laugh at what the kids did, IMO the car owner deserved it for taking 2 spots. if my truck would of fit inbetween the vehicles I would of parked within inches of the A-hole so they couldnt open the car door & would have to wait until I got back.

pepperfreak - I agree with working with the law, but that dont even work sometimes & then society needs to take their own actions.

Back