• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests does anyone knows what bug is this?

definitely a mantis. they are wonderful to have around.. a good insect and educational to the kids ( the big ones if introduced properly can get your kids into bugs and not go "eww kill it!!" everytime they see one). you'll end up with just enough to handle most aphid issues. there population thins out in relationship to the food they have. We in CT in the US have a bout 2-3 adults by end of summer season, but started with hundreds if not thousands of babies. had a cocoon hatch in the house last winter... hilarious. they eat each other until there was only one left.

They are great to have around. We have some every year show up in our plants. The momma is usually quite large and sometimes I transpla
nt her from the front of the house to the beds out back!!

definitely a mantis. they are wonderful to have around.. a good insect and educational to the kids ( the big ones if introduced properly can get your kids into bugs and not go "eww kill it!!" everytime they see one). you'll end up with just enough to handle most aphid issues. there population thins out in relationship to the food they have. We in CT in the US have a bout 2-3 adults by end of summer season, but started with hundreds if not thousands of babies. had a cocoon hatch in the house last winter... hilarious. they eat each other until there was only one left.
maybe when the food is finish they eat each other till the strongest survive. i can't find anymore at my place as the ahpids are gone.

They are great to have around. We have some every year show up in our plants. The momma is usually quite large and sometimes I transpla
nt her from the front of the house to the beds out back!!
cool , i wish i can find one now..

260_2006_341.jpg [img] heres a mantis eating a bird

Back