• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Do Peppers Need any Extra Nutes When They Start Getting Pods/Flowers

Another newbie question,do super hots need any extra nutrients when they start producing flowers and pods?Just wondering if they should be given anything extra.

Thanks

I just give mine more of whatever balanced fertilizer I happen to be using if the plants seem like they need it. Usually a mix of Tomato Tone and bone meal. Peppers' nutritional needs don't really change as they get bigger.

Yes but conservatively
Potash is golden and CalMag is a start to finish "add" as a rule
Super strains love that Calcium

moruga welder said:
I beef up the potash once they start to pod ,  they love that potash when podding , plus my normal fert. half way through season for the last hurrah !       :onfire:
Is potash water soluble? Or mix in/on The soil?

How much is the recommended amount?

Sorry newbie questions
TNKS said:
Yes but conservatively
Potash is golden and CalMag is a start to finish "add" as a rule
Super strains love that Calcium
Can both be given at the same time?

And I assume at weaker strengths then the recommended amounts?

Canes1 said:
Is potash water soluble? Or mix in/on The soil?

How much is the recommended amount?

Sorry newbie questions

Can both be given at the same time?

And I assume at weaker strengths then the recommended amounts?

i mix in the soil , Fertilome ,  i just use about 1/4 cup make a small ditch around the plants drip edge sprinkle it around and cover . my plants speak for themselves .   :onfire:

I brush their teeth every night and make sure they all say their prayers.

Actually I use a liquid 10-10-10 and just give it a good squirt into a two gallon watering can. I do this about twice a month. I also give them a light snowing ( right on top of soil) around the base of each plant with EPSOM salts.
My ghost plants are massive and I should harvest maybe 50 pods per plant.
I have used BLOOM, but my plants don't seem to care as long as they get something tasty.

20160716_194231_resized_zpswb5bcnk3.jpg

Rymerpt said:
I brush their teeth every night and make sure they all say their prayers.
Actually I use a liquid 10-10-10 and just give it a good squirt into a two gallon watering can. I do this about twice a month. I also give them a light snowing ( right on top of soil) around the base of each plant with EPSOM salts.
My ghost plants are massive and I should harvest maybe 50 pods per plant.
I have used BLOOM, but my plants don't seem to care as long as they get something tasty.
20160716_194231_resized_zpswb5bcnk3.jpg
Already hit them with epsom on the foliage,just seeing what else everyone else does,actualy I hit them with some more foliage pro yesterday

Nice looking plant, mine will never get that big in my short growing season up here, but my one reaper has about 25-30 flowers/pods started.

Back