• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Do NOT watch this movie!!

Oh my goodness... now let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of horror/thriller type movies.. tonight we watched 'drag me to hell'... mrmel picked it..turned off all the lights and put the movie on.. but omg.. it disappoints in all aspects.. no suspense..no scary stuff.. over the top effects.. OMG.. do not watch this movie! i'm all for gore and scary stuff but this had none of the above.. AND was billed as top rate horror (at least foxtel said so.. )... this movie did not deserve to have the lights switched out!

bring me back original saw :D

i know!! i cant believe someone else has actually watched this movie.. OMg.. It sucked.. its alright.. making up for it now by watching revenge of the nerds :D

mel said:
Oh my goodness... now let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of horror/thriller type movies.. tonight we watched 'drag me to hell'... mrmel picked it..turned off all the lights and put the movie on.. but omg.. it disappoints in all aspects.. no suspense..no scary stuff.. over the top effects.. OMG.. do not watch this movie! i'm all for gore and scary stuff but this had none of the above.. AND was billed as top rate horror (at least foxtel said so.. )... this movie did not deserve to have the lights switched out!

bring me back original saw :D

Will make sure to not watch that one as it sounds awful...
...Revenge of the nerds???...now that's a scary movie:lol:

I like Drag me to Hell, I laughed more than I was scared though, it was made with a lot of humour and as a homage to old scary movies. At least that was how I saw it. :)

Best scene is where the main character tries to hide from the demon in a bedroom and you see a poster with a kitten hanging from a ledge and the text on it says "HELP ME" (or something like that). I love meta-comments in film ;)

I like horror, I don't like torture films though, so been a few years of bad "horror".

I like sam Raimi as a director he created the evil deads and i was a big fan soo i watched this movie too was disappointed some real gross stuff but the plot could have been soo much better left you kinda like what the i should be dragged to hell for watching but sam raimi i want more raimi but better plot.

TO anyone who's seen a bad horror film make an effort to track down Pontypool, Best horror film I've seen in a long, long time. That should wash away the nasty taste left by the many many substandard films out there. Make an effort not to find out anything about it before you see it, spoilers of any sort would kill it, just watch and enjoy.

i too was talked into buying it by a friend. he said its a great movie dont rent it just buy it. i bought it and watched about 30 mins of it and shut it off. i didnt like it at all.

I try to love any horror film as it's my favorite genre. If it sucks, then I invite my horror film friends over to drink and laugh it up at how bad it is.

How can you NOT love the goat excorsism?! MWUAHAHAHAHA
Seriously everyone, its a dumb ass movie, but rent Black Sheep. Not the Farley movie, but a horrible zombie flick. Dont go into thinking its gonna be good. Go into ready to see one of the funniest movies of ALL TIME!! SO awesome...

Lol, Drag me to hell... I laughed so much. but the ending sucked, this is what happened. *Girl gets dragged down train tracks*
*movie ends*
"Well that sucked."

How can you NOT love the goat excorsism?! MWUAHAHAHAHA
Seriously everyone, its a dumb ass movie, but rent Black Sheep. Not the Farley movie, but a horrible zombie flick. Dont go into thinking its gonna be good. Go into ready to see one of the funniest movies of ALL TIME!! SO awesome...

Good Kiwi (New Zealand) Piss take film is Black Sheep, along the same lines as the Original Peter Jackson stuff like 'Meet the Feebles' 'Bad Taste' and 'Brain-dead' (Dead alive in the US)If you haven't seen them and like black sheep I would highly recommend as massively low budget zombie 'horror/comedy'

So, I'm begining to see that this movie rates right up ther with Mars Attacks, Project 9 from Outter Space and maybe Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and yet lacks that special something that keeps you wanting to see it again. That about right?

Back