• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Did anyone grow the Aji Jabito this year?

A bunch of people on this forum ordered the Aji Jabito seeds from Venezuela. I also ordered those seeds. I was wondering if anybody grew them this last year? If you did grow them did they in your opinion grow true? The reason that I ask is because I plan to grow them in 2016. I plan on isolating the whole pepper patch that will contain these peppers.  I just don't want to put in all the extra time and effort to isolate them if they won't grow true.

Thanks

I have a couple of plants, but their young. Germination was very poor on them. Almost everything else popped, but I was only able to get 2. They are too young yet to give feedback, but if the weather stays mild this winter I can probably report back within a month or so. I'm looking forward to this one.

Most people received seeds in July. I will let others speak up but may be too soon to tell. Photos proffered by Lindberg looked great, as you know. Waiting for my plant to mature like Aaron, it is still young. Cycadjungle was one of the first to germinate. Hope this helps.

AaronTT said:
I have a couple of plants, but their young. Germination was very poor on them. Almost everything else popped, but I was only able to get 2. They are too young yet to give feedback, but if the weather stays mild this winter I can probably report back within a month or so. I'm looking forward to this one.

I figured some of you guys from Florida or Cali would have them going. I guess I will try to get some germinated and hopefully some of you guys will have pods before I put mine outside.

I'd have them going if i had them. Started my plants in july indoors and they're looking like beasts. unfortunately i didn't have the funds to buy the seeds

I had 25 seeds and I started them all about 6 days ago. I start mine in jiffy pellets. I just went and looked at them. I see 1 sprout already. Hopefully there will be more in a few days. My goal is to get them big enough so that I can take cuttings off them and make clones before my growing season starts.

I got 9 to germinate. Here is a picture of one of them.

IMG_1136.JPG

That's cool, I'll be growing these this year, as well as the Margariteños. I hope they'll be as good as Nigel made them out to be. 

Back