• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Deployment Pics

Matanzima said:
ok October package is on its way via DC-3, pontoon boat and camel.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the cargo makes the trip intact (but judging by the state of the box in the pic above I'm not so sure!)

It JUST got here!!! :dance:

I'd like to thank Wayne, Lori, and Scott (and anyone else who chipped in) for all the wonderful sauces and powders! You all have no idea how much it's appreciated! You can't just go down to the store here and buy what you want/need.....and to have different sauces available is truly a blessing!

(Picture of an actual Afghan "STOOR") :rofl:

All the goodies!!!!

On a side note....I've lost  a total of 35 POUNDS since I started this little adventure.....I feel like half the man I was before! ;)

I'll check back in as often as possible.....but till next time....

Be safe....keep it real...and keep it HOT!!

Right On!  Matanzima's package made it just fine, 2 weeks for delivery is pretty normal.  Is that Reaper powder? :eek: 

salsalady said:
Right On!  Matanzima's package made it just fine, 2 weeks for delivery is pretty normal.  Is that Reaper powder? :eek:
Yes indeed! I used it on some Lamb Biriyani yesterday.....and it was AMAZING!!!

Matanzima said:
Yay glad to see if made it in one piece!
Yes it did.....and I can't thank you all enough for the wonderful packages!! You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!

Dang you Pauly,

Scrolling through this thread, I've got a few tears in my eyes.

You do us and your country so very proud.

Your enthusiasm and genuine spirit so far from home in such a not so hospitable locale is a lesson in humbleness, tenacity, and fortitude that all of us here back home would do well to take a daily dose of.

And you're looking thin, fit, and very handsome.....for a swabby!

You're in my thoughts and prayers amigo.

Come home safe and soon!

Thanks guys.........really!

Now that the weather here has cooled down (a bit) it's not nearly as bad. Right now, it's in the 50's in the morning.....and get's up into the mid 80's during the day. It's actually raining here today....which I haven't seen since I got here 4 months ago. I'm hoping it'll knock the dust out of the air for a bit!

If everything works out, I should be heading home around Valentines day. They're still not sure if they're going to leave FOB Lindsey open past the New Year, so that's mean moving over to KAF, which would SUCK. They're also talking about closing down Manas, which means that my trip home could either be a pain in the arse.....OR...kind of cool.....depending on where they send me.

I'm coming up on my last 100 days.....and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll post as often as I can....and I'll be thinking about you all!

texas blues said:

And you're looking thin, fit, and very handsome.....for a swabby!

You're in my thoughts and prayers amigo.

Come home safe and soon!

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
You're looking positively skinny Paul! Damn! 

Skinny?  Naw, Pauly's a hottie!  ;)  :lol: 

Be safe~ xo

Back