• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Deployment 2010

Well, I haven't been around much lately and that's because I was deployed for 7 months. Finally back home! Here are a bunch of pictures I took during that time.

Naples, Italy
You can see our ship in this first picture.
IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

Beirut, Lebanon...we were called there to assist with search and rescue/recovery efforts after a civilian 737 went into the Mediterranean.
IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9190.jpg

REXTORP firing...recoverable torpedo.
IMG_9551.jpg

VBSS drill..I'm on the right taking up the rear.
DSC00655.jpg

RAS (Replenishment At Sea)
IMG_0625.jpg

Our berthing after a little flooding..
IMG_1088.jpg

Kusadasi, Turkey
IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

Thanks. It had it's ups and downs. Like anything I guess. We did a lot of different things, but it was a lot different than our last deployment which was in the Persian Gulf.

WOW!

Nothing like a all expenises paid trip around the world, even if it means working at the same time. Many great memories were made I am sure. Thank you for sharing, one of the best photo adventures I have seen.

And as it will be said by many others, welcome home! Not enough can be said for the time and soul you and others put out in service for this great country.

Welcome back. Beautiful photos. I love the strcutures and awesome buildings from around the world. The tagging was neat. I have a gallery of tagwork myself. I used to do some flash art and would take pics of stuff everywhere. Some of my favorite work was from Puerto Rico. Where did you happen to get the UNTOUCHABLE tag? Thats some intricate stuff. I too would like to extend a thank you for your service.

Sterling

Thanks, there were definitely some good times had in the ports and at sea. Plenty of not so great times too! haha

Sterling - I drew that sketch for some people on the ship. Snagged a sheet of printer paper, pencil and bic pen. :D

Welcome back! and thank you for your service! It is sincerely acknowledged and appreciated!

Thank you for sharing your travel pictures and your artwork.

welcome home brother...hope all stays well for you...when are you up for promotion?

Back