• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Dear Mr Aphid

Cool thing about it all is that is able to be used on ground crops, potted crops, and hydro crops. Its 100% Organic, and it doesnt effect our friends the lady bugs. Dont know about the matis yet, but im looking into that cause I plan on letting an army of matis loose in the new garden when the time is right for them.

I just like the fact that it turns em into retardoaphids. DDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE all of you little plant eaters!!! They destroyed every bloom on my yellow 7, and on my biggest bhut plant.

I've had success with lady bugs after putting them in the fridge for 24 hours, then applying the plant with a light mist of 1/5 coke and water just after sun down. Then I pull the lady bugs out of the fridge and put them directly onto the plants. From what I read the sugar mist is suppose to keep the lady birds attracted to the plant and because you kept them in the fridge "hibernating" and release them when it's cold at night they will make a home on the new plant and less inclined to fly away. I can say I usually only get a few hundred and weeks later I still have so many I can't even count them all. A few weeks after that I found a lots of hungry little larvae on the plant.

The Ultimate Aphid Killer in the flesh :-)

larvae.jpg

Lady Bug Larvae

Beautiful photos. Has anybody on here had any luck buying the Praying Mantis eggs and them hatching and sticking around? Anybody know a good source for them? Looking to let em loose at the new house.

Good luck with the battle. I had the same problem earlier this year. Aphids everywhere. Then once they got put outside, the ladybugs started showing up. They laid a bunch of eggs too. I had larvae running all over the place. Now my plants are aphid free :)

wow I completely missed the text at the bottom of the picture! I checked over my plants this morning still got some lady bugs and no sign of aphids!

Back