• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Dear Mr Aphid

I have come to respect your persistence, resistance and ability to survive and multiply at an astonishing rate. But it must end now. I will destroy you and not bring you to Washington with me. So fare well my old friend. I have at least 1,500 more little soldiers I will methodically release once as cools off a bit more tonight.

It was pretty windy when I took these but here is a link to a few pics.
http://imgur.com/a/aNS6Y/lady_bugs_for_the_win

spoiler, ouch that's got to hurt:
CJSUd.jpg

This reply just arrived:

"Dear Mr. Lazienfat,

Bring it.

Soon your little ladybugs will go off to mate.

Yes, they will kill some of us. Maybe even a lot of us.

But not all of us. And we only need two to keep it going.

The ladybugs will get bored, and they will want some action with each other, probably by tomorrow.

But we will still be here.

The only difference from before, is that...

Now we are pissed off.

Sincerely,

Aphids.

PS. Could you put the plants a little closer together? All the jumping around is getting tiring."

Yeah I was thinking about that, I am going to make a little makeshift greenhouse so the lady bugs cant simply fly off. But from the first few a released a surprising amount are still just hanging out and cruising my plants. I sure hope this finishes them off.

Ive got some azamax if you would like to try some out. Organic. Works wonders. I used about 4,000 ladybugs over a couple of weeks, and used the azamax, and the aphids are done with. Still have about 100 or so ladybugs runnin around in the pepper garden too.

Yeah I was thinking about that, I am going to make a little makeshift greenhouse so the lady bugs cant simply fly off. But from the first few a released a surprising amount are still just hanging out and cruising my plants. I sure hope this finishes them off.

Ladybugs are not bad aphid killers but the Larvae are something else. They are like little Dyson Aphid vacuum cleaners. If only they would fight off the carpenter ants that farm the aphids in the first place we would have perfect killers.

I need to get some ladybugs this weekend. I fixed the rodent problem and aphids moved in instead :(

Ive got some azamax if you would like to try some out. Organic. Works wonders. I used about 4,000 ladybugs over a couple of weeks, and used the azamax, and the aphids are done with. Still have about 100 or so ladybugs runnin around in the pepper garden too.

Right on I hope they stick around!

This is what makes my day, thank you for the smile!Die aphids, DIE!
8.gif
haha good it made mine too they showed up a day early. & amen brother!

Ladybugs are not bad aphid killers but the Larvae are something else. They are like little Dyson Aphid vacuum cleaners. If only they would fight off the carpenter ants that farm the aphids in the first place we would have perfect killers.I need to get some ladybugs this weekend. I fixed the rodent problem and aphids moved in instead :(

Well I sure hope I get some then! I've got them enclosed so it will be pretty hard for them to simply leave, might as well stick around and enjoy all the aphids and free water.

Nice pic Laz...be sure to keep your aphids on "THAT" side of the mountain range please :lol:

I am doing everything in my power to do that I promise!

Correction: You only need ONE to keep them going, they don't have to mate or lay eggs, they can give birth to LIVE young.

Yeah that makes it hard as hell. Sure hope the lady bugs do a number and then some insecticide after will do the trick!

Give them a friendly F U from me too, thanks! xo nicole

hahah thanks I gave them a massive F U and the finger ta boot!

When they're eating your buds and flowers you've got them bad. I hate the little green bastages. Last year they were doing the same thing to a few of my plants in the back. Never did kill 'em all.

When they're eating your buds and flowers you've got them bad. I hate the little green bastages. Last year they were doing the same thing to a few of my plants in the back. Never did kill 'em all.

Yeah I am really hoping that this will take care of them all!

You should really play the Jaws suspenseful track on a nice loop.

Or you could hire Gerard Butler to inspire the ladybugs with his "Tonight we dine in Pepper Garden!" or "This. Is. SPICY!!!"

You should really play the Jaws suspenseful track on a nice loop.Or you could hire Gerard Butler to inspire the ladybugs with his "Tonight we dine in Pepper Garden!" or "This. Is. SPICY!!!"

LOL your a funny guy Ryan. I think all f those are great ideas ahaha.

All this because you're too lazy to sit in front of your plant, get your surgeon like steady hand skills going and kill them one by one with a peer of tweezers.

No I kid.

Take those bastard insects down!

Okay, so I pulled out the AzaMax box just cause Im curious as to exactly how it works. It is a hormone disruptor for bugs. It literally makes them retards!!!! They wont eat, wont fly, wont lay eggs, wont suck on the leaves. Pretty much all they can do is dry, shrivel up and become nothingness. Ill post more info tomorrow out of the packets it came with. Works on all sorts of critters. All around plant desrroying pest stupifier! Why not make the ahids dumb as can be and then let em roast in the sun and DIE!! This is some cool stuff. It can be used up until the day of harvest on everything except fish and water thriving invertibrates. Think Ill just scan in the booklet for all to see. This is pretty cool stuff and just too much to type. I have some before and after pics as well.

Aphids suck and blow at the same time. I've been fighting those b*stards all growing season. However, I'm on to their little game. Some research revealed that ants "farm" or protect aphids for the sweet "honeydew" they leave behind after they've stripped your beautiful plants of their leaves. If you get rid of the ants, the aphids go away. Look for ants around your plants. If you see ant activity and you have aphids, soak a sponge in a sugar/water solution. Drizzle a path away from your plants to a remote location, and set the sponge on the ground next to a container of sugar water. 1) the ants go for the sugar water rather than your plants. 2) ants are dumb and walk right into water and drown. I did that for a week, and I have leaves on my rose bushes for the first time this year! Wooha! I have also flooded active ant beds with the garden hose when they're not prepared for rain ;) So, with no ants, the ladybugs or other friendlies eat the aphids, and FEW return. If they do, just repeat the process. It has worked well for me. If you don't have ants around, I hear that introducing Braconid wasps to your garden is also very effective. Now if someone could tell me how to get rid of those blankety-blanking flea beetles.....

All this because you're too lazy to sit in front of your plant, get your surgeon like steady hand skills going and kill them one by one with a peer of tweezers.No I kid.Take those bastard insects down!

hahahhaha gotta bust out my tweezers like a ninja

Okay, so I pulled out the AzaMax box just cause Im curious as to exactly how it works. It is a hormone disruptor for bugs. It literally makes them retards!!!! They wont eat, wont fly, wont lay eggs, wont suck on the leaves. Pretty much all they can do is dry, shrivel up and become nothingness. Ill post more info tomorrow out of the packets it came with. Works on all sorts of critters. All around plant desrroying pest stupifier! Why not make the ahids dumb as can be and then let em roast in the sun and DIE!! This is some cool stuff. It can be used up until the day of harvest on everything except fish and water thriving invertibrates. Think Ill just scan in the booklet for all to see. This is pretty cool stuff and just too much to type. I have some before and after pics as well.

sweet that stuff sounds pretty strong haha.

Aphids suck and blow at the same time. I've been fighting those b*stards all growing season. However, I'm on to their little game. Some research revealed that ants "farm" or protect aphids for the sweet "honeydew" they leave behind after they've stripped your beautiful plants of their leaves. If you get rid of the ants, the aphids go away. Look for ants around your plants. If you see ant activity and you have aphids, soak a sponge in a sugar/water solution. Drizzle a path away from your plants to a remote location, and set the sponge on the ground next to a container of sugar water. 1) the ants go for the sugar water rather than your plants. 2) ants are dumb and walk right into water and drown. I did that for a week, and I have leaves on my rose bushes for the first time this year! Wooha! I have also flooded active ant beds with the garden hose when they're not prepared for rain ;) So, with no ants, the ladybugs or other friendlies eat the aphids, and FEW return. If they do, just repeat the process. It has worked well for me. If you don't have ants around, I hear that introducing Braconid wasps to your garden is also very effective. Now if someone could tell me how to get rid of those blankety-blanking flea beetles.....

Sweet thanks for the advise!!

Back