Davez Foodz Updated Web Site

Doesn't pop. The picture of your product is dark, and crooked. Needs a little professional help. Good luck.

Completed an update to www.davezfoodz.com. Thank you for the great feedback. Stay tuned for a special promotion next month to celebrate my birthday.

Looking better. Good luck.

First time I've seen it so I wouldn't be able to speak to history but overall the experience is......soothing. That muted tan isn't exciting.

Also the I have to kinda squint to see the product. Your page is a big mass of tan and black with words and the featured product is like a 1.5 X 3" image, or like 1/50 of the real estate.

I'd think the label/logo should be a more pronounced. You have a cool label. It should be in full display just as a flat graphic. Right now I have to squint to see what the Spicy Girl label/logo is. If you had a pic of the label as its own graphic, the viewer's mind can fill in the blanks later when they see the little image of the bottle.

I think it also takes a bit too long to cycle through the words in that big black space too - I'm way too ADD to sit there and read something that takes 10 seconds to cycle through. You need that sucker on turbo. like WORDS (1 second) NEW WORDS (1 second) NEW NEW WORDS. I counted 6 seconds between word changes. 20 seconds to get to the money shot "Spicy Girl". Cut it down to like 3-4 seconds - 5-6 tops.

One man's opinion - hope this helps!
:cheers:

Ps - not being critical at all...I'm about to go through the webstore dev process. I'm sure it'll be grueling.

Hi Dave,
I just got back here to check it out.

I agree that the scroll time for the words could be faster. Good layout. I like the pics of the chile fields over on the "dry side" of WA. It would be cool to see an expanded photo gallery this year with pics of boxes of chiles, etc, and maybe even the processing and finished bottles.

We LOVE your sauce. If the dollars and cents work out in the future, it would be great to have SSG in a 10 oz bottle. New buyers are more skeptical to buy a larger bottle if they haven't tried a sauce, but the repeat buyers will totally go for the larger bottles.

Looking forward to seeing you and your lovely lady in a couple months.

SL

That red glow (or something) is causing a hard cut-off of the effect right of the logo.

One man's opinion - hope this helps!
:cheers:

Thank you for the great pointers! Web site development is quite challenging, and it's also really fun to see it come together. :)

I agree that the scroll time for the words could be faster. Good layout. I like the pics of the chile fields over on the "dry side" of WA. It would be cool to see an expanded photo gallery this year with pics of boxes of chiles, etc, and maybe even the processing and finished bottles.

Hi SL, thanks for checking out my site! Great feedback, thank you! :) We're looking forward to seeing you and all the PNW Chiliheads!

That red glow (or something) is causing a hard cut-off of the effect right of the logo.

Hi Boss, thanks for looking and providing more feedback!

Back