• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dangerous round these parts

All my outdoor plants have these little guys running and hopping around, I dont know if they eat any nasties, but they eat a crap load of fungus gnats, which seem to come with every bag of potting soil I buy (regardless of brand).

I think they are pretty awesome little creatures, very curious things too, if approach them with my finger they will leap onto it to check it out.

Anyone else get these guys on or around their pepper plants?

Sdc10305.jpg

Sdc10306.jpg

Sdc10308.jpg

Sdc10309.jpg

Those are inside and out of my house on the windows. They love living on window screens. They're some sort of jumping spider.

origamiRN said:
That last one is a great picture!

They are very hard to photograph, they are alwayse on the move and the only way to get them to stop for more than a few seconds is to make threatening jestures with your hand lol.

chillilover said:
Those are inside and out of my house on the windows. They love living on window screens. They're some sort of jumping spider.

Yeah, males appear to be longitudinally striped with alternating black and white, so I bet that ones a boy.

And thats where my pots are, right outside the window pane.

Let him jump on your finger huh? I'm not afraid of spiders, but I really don't like them crawling on me. I like to put bugs in their web though :)

Back