• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

D3 Pepper Products

Tried the steak sauce on a hot dog today lol. Also just spoon tasted some. Its pretty good, and it reminds me of something that I can't quite pinpoint. It could be hotter if you ask me, but Idk if a super hot steak sauce is what people want either.

Walchit said:
Tried the steak sauce on a hot dog today lol. Also just spoon tasted some. Its pretty good, and it reminds me of something that I can't quite pinpoint. It could be hotter if you ask me, but Idk if a super hot steak sauce is what people want either.
yea I agree it needs to be a little hotter but not too hot. Im thinking more raisins too.

Started a ferment today. 

jyYBfqO.jpg

Diced most everything

UVnQn0e.jpg

DlXro7U.jpg

really surprised all that fit into one 1/2 jar. 1150g total not counting carrots I forgot to write down. 

I've had problems with kahm yeast with my first ferment so I heated this batch of ingredients to 150f before adding brine and starter culture to kill off the wild yeast. 

I may of messed up though as the ingredients where still pretty warm when I poured brine and starter over them. Hopefully I didn't kill the starter. 

d6O02LF.jpg

Shooting for a louisiana style sauce with this one. Shall see. 

Making the test batch of chocolate cherry chipotle. Smells hot. So far theirs 

Roasted garlic and red onion, Fresh ground cocoa nibs, figs, dark cherries, 420g Alder smoked El Scorponero, 466g mixed chocolates (choc hab, jamaican hot choc, SB cappuccino) , apple cider, ACV, Dash of balsamic, ancho powder. Going to let it reduce a bit, blend and then taste test it to see what else it needs. I'm pretty sure it's going to be too hot and need some fruit. Either Peaches, pears or apple sauce. Leaning toward apple sauce or debating on maybe a tomato puree

J0gKj1S.jpg

I should of strained the fig seeds out BEFORE adding it all to the pot. I wasn't thinking. 

Blended and took a taste test, wasn't too hot so ate a whole spoonful...nope, nope nope... it's a creeper. Very tongue centered. Mixed a little agave nectar in my tester bowl. Liked it so added a 1/4 cup to the batch. Giving my mouth a min to calm down before tasting again. 

n0kPJgi.jpg

penguinconemic.jpg

Shorerider said:
Looks great D3, do you plan to food mill it, or leave as is?

I ran most of it through the food mill but left about 1/6 still pulpy. I ended up using way more vinegar than I normally would and it was still pretty thick. I like how it turned out even though it's a little kitchen sinky. 

Ended up making 22 bottles. 

• 5 c      white distilled vinegar
  • 466 g  mixed chocolate peppers (jamaican hot choc, choc hab, SB cappuccino) 
  • 430 g  alder smoked el scorponero peppers
  • 2 c      honeycrisp apple cider
  • 2 c      Brown Sugar
  • 1.5 c   ACV
  • 285 g dark cherries
  • 190 g mission figs
  • 190 g Red onion
  • 1/2 c  cherry balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 c  agave nectar
  • 50 g   Fire roasted tomato flakes
  • 45 g   Roasted Garlic
  • 10 g   organic cocoa nibs
  • 7 g     ancho powder
  • 2.5 tbsp lime juice concentrate
  • spices (black pepper, kosher salt and cumin) 

q9oq0nb.jpg

I could probably of omitted the ancho powder, cocoa nibs (maybe) and agave nectar without changing the flavor. 

With that ingredient list it sounds like a sweet, complex sauce. I've only ever use the one type of vinegar in any given recipe. Mixing it up as you did sounds interesting, definitely another way to change things up. That color is begging for some caramel or maple syrup. Nice work D3.

Shorerider said:
With that ingredient list it sounds like a sweet, complex sauce. I've only ever use the one type of vinegar in any given recipe. Mixing it up as you did sounds interesting, definitely another way to change things up. That color is begging for some caramel or maple syrup. Nice work D3.

I thought about maple but didn't taste right when I taste tested. 

I ran my phone out of internet so I guess I'm not seeing any pics of this new batch lol. Just a penguin with an ice cream cone.

Grabbed a couple egg rolls from the grocery store. Mike was right about that Sweet Thai!

Couldn't convince the wife to put it on her crab raccoons and she didn't share, so you've only gotten one thumb up so far.

Now that its sat in the fridge overnight the flavors have really developed. Unfortunate that this is the only batch ill be able to make this winter as im out of chocolates. Wish I could of sent one these out with the last batches to peeps. Needs a tad more cumin or I could see coriander working in there. Its just begging to go on some crispy pork carnitas

Attachments

• 722904CF-72F7-4437-A704-FA97206DD552.jpeg
    722904CF-72F7-4437-A704-FA97206DD552.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 96
Back