• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

could the yellowing of leaves be PH imbalance?

so i made sure i wasnt over watering and that seemed to have slowed it a little... but its still happening... could it have anything to do with ph balance of watering?

Hotpeppa said:

so i made sure i wasnt over watering and that seemed to have slowed it a little... but its still happening... could it have anything to do with ph balance of watering?

Yes. pH imbalance can cause nutrients to become unavailable to the plant, resulting in what amounts to nutrient deficiency.

Txclosetgrower said:
Do you have a pH meter & an EC meter? The nutrients should be slightly acidic in hydro by the way, do you know exactly what pH it was at before you tried to adjust it?

Also, the rate at which plants use nutrients vs water affects whether the pH & EC goes up or down
Here's a chart, sorry for huge pic:

nutrientusagevsph.jpg

I posted this in another thread

hmmmm... that helps alot dude, thanks man..

i always ph'd 10L of water first before adding the nutes...

i think i should reverse it and ph test after i add them...

one more thing... i always ph'd for 5-6.. the tester i have isnt very accurate.. its one of those colour coded ones.. not very good for accuracy i think...

Yeah do it afterwards for sure, the nutes will affect the pH considerably.

And i use the little liquid color code test too, works well enough but i want an electric meter.

Hi Hotpeppa,
when you mix your nutes adjust your ph as the last thing you do. I keep my ph at around 6.2 range and grow in coco peat with about 20% expanded clay mixed in and about 4 cm of expanded clay on the bottom in 200mm pots :onfire:

Back