• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2015

And so it begins!!

Well planning anyway...

I've put together my grow list for the year.  I'm scaling back the number of varieties, opting instead to grow more of each variety.

Here's what I will have going:
Mild-Medium:
Banana x3 
Jalapeno x3
Huge Bell x3
Orange Bell x3
Orchid/Bishop's Hat x2

Supers (Yellow)
Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain x4

Supers (Red) -
Monster Naga x5
7 Pot Caramel x5

Supers (Brown) -
7 Pot Brown x7
Brown Moruga Scorpion x7

I will be planting the supers on Feb. 1 and the rest will be started on Mar. 1.

This is the tentative layout for the community garden:
Community%20Plot.png

I'll be back on in a few weeks!

Plants are looking great, I think.  And you've got some pods already - awesome!

Someone mentioned your reviews above - I've enjoyed them too.  But man can you handle an insane amount of heat.  You make it look easy.

Thanks for helping me look on the bright side Andy.  Thanks for watching my reviews.  I wish I could get myself back in the game, but time really hasn't been on my side these past couple of years, and the last year I did do reviews, even though my mouth could tolerate the heat, my stomach was in knots for hours after the majority of the reviews.  I could never find anything to provide much of a barrier.  That was another reason I took some time off.  I never intended to totally quit, but well, that's where the time constraints have kicked in.

Hey Brian, I too have trouble with my stomach. If I cook a meal with the stuff I'm fine. I usually just chew up a pod and spit it out after a minute. Then I count down to sanity. I just like to do a personal review for flavor and heat. If it's good, I save the seeds for another grow. I also like your reviews. Don't sacrifice your stomach for us. LOL. I'm happy with a heat and flavor reviews.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Wow a month inbetween posts.  I'm doing a great job with this!!  :doh:

Garden is doing quite well.  Every plant has at least 1 pepper growing on it, with the majority having a decent amount per plant.  Overall, they are quite happy.  

Pics:

Rightmost subplot: 
20150709_122523.jpg

Middle Subplot:
20150709_122532.jpg

Left Subplot:
20150709_122543.jpg

Brown Moruga pods:
20150709_122611.jpg

7 Pot Brown Pods:
20150709_122628.jpg

Supposed to be Monster Naga, but looking more like a hybrid (all plants have pods like these), got one starting to ripen:
20150709_122718.jpg

7 Pot Caramel:
20150709_122757.jpg

Giant Jalapeno getting some nice corking:
20150709_122912.jpg

Bishop Hat plants are getting a heavy pod set:
20150709_122926.jpg

Beautiful looking plants Brian. Funny. I was going to hit you up to see how your doing yesterday.

Agree. Nice corking. Interested to see how the hybrid turns out. Could be a winner. I love crosses. 7pot caramel is looking mean.

Thanks for sharing. See you next month. LOL.

Seriously, I can't wait to see how the garden turns out. Looks like the RCW is working its magic.

Supers have started ripening for me.  Got a few Brown Morugas, 7 Pot Browns, 7 Pot Caramels, and Not Monster Nagas harvested.  Plants are really starting to load down now.  No pics this time for the plants, will snap a few the next time I'm out at the garden.  But here's a shot of couple of the Not Monster Nagas.  They may not be true, but they are BIG.  Most are at least the size of a golf ball.  I at 1/4 of one a few mins ago, and it tastes and has the heat of a Naga.  Just not the shape or texture.

20150723_125716.jpg

Ripe pods! That's great. They all sound very hot. Can't wait to see the garden in full swing.

Had to check the date. It hasn't even been a month. LOL!

Thanks for sharing.

OCD Chilehead said:
Ripe pods! That's great. They all sound very hot. Can't wait to see the garden in full swing.

Had to check the date. It hasn't even been a month. LOL!

Thanks for sharing.

Haha, you're right!  Now watch, it'll take me a month and half to post the next update, just to balance things out :)

Woot, another update in under a month!!  I'm on a roll.  Harvests are starting to get bigger now.  Happening weekly (or whenever I get time to get to the garden ;)).

Here's a harvest shot from last week:
Top (L - R): Banana, Bishop's Hat
Middle (L - R): Bell, Not Giant Jalapeno, Giant Jalapeno
Bottom (L - R): Not Monster Naga, Not 7 Pot Caramel (look more like Nagas), 7 Pot Brown, 7 Pot Caramel, Not Brown Moruga (very smooth texture)
Very Bottom - Brown Moruga
20150802_154923.jpg

Just got done picking these guys today:
Top (L - R) - Banana, Bishop's Hat, Not Giant Jalapeno, Gian Jalapeno, Yellow Bell
Middle (L - R) - 7 Pot Caramel, Not 7 Pot Caramel, Not Monster Naga
Bottom (L - R) - Yellow Brainstrain (got the pimpling, but not the compact nature of a typical brain), 7 Pot Brown and Brown Moruga (screwed up an mixed them together, now I don't know which is which)
IMG_20150813_131558.jpg

This weeks harvest.  I didn't even pick Banana Peppers and Bell Peppers because I ran out of room to carry them.

Top (L-R): Giant and Not Giant Jalapeno, Brown Moruga
Middle (L - R): 7 pot Caramel (Variant 1), 7 Pot Caramel (Variant 2), Bishop's Hat
Bottom (L - R): Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain, Not Monster Naga, 7 Pot Brown

IMG_20150825_132004.jpg

Pulpiteer said:
Great harvest!  Which of the 7 Pot Caramels do you prefer?

I prefer the brown.  The red variant is a bit more bitter.  The brown packs a bit more heat as well.

Here's the latest harvest from yesterday.

Top (L-R): Bell, Giant Jalapeno
Middle (L-R): Banana, 7 Pot Caramel (Brown variant), 7 Pot Caramel (Red variant), Brown Moruga and 7 Pot Brown (got mixed up again)
Bottom (L-R): Biship's Hat, Yellow Brain, Not Monster Naga

IMG_20150913_161418.jpg

compmodder26 said:
Here's the latest harvest from yesterday.

Top (L-R): Bell, Giant Jalapeno
Middle (L-R): Banana, 7 Pot Caramel (Brown variant), 7 Pot Caramel (Red variant), Brown Moruga and 7 Pot Brown (got mixed up again)
Bottom (L-R): Biship's Hat, Yellow Brain, Not Monster Naga
Holy cow, how did you use those pods? sauce, powder, jelly, frozen?

Back