• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Chocolate dipped hot bacon

So I know people like chocolate dipped bacon and I had friends over to make 5 lbs of candied bacon (what a mess that made!). 2 lbs for me and 1 for each of my friends.
Muskymojo was kind enough to send me 8 different kinds of seeds and some powder made from barrack pore (can't tell if its a u or an o), red, and douglah 7 pot peppers. So I we all tried some of the powder (our first super hots!) and I used some of it to cook. I also got some chocolate and we dipped some of the bacon in chocolate and I dipped my spicy bacon in the chocolate too.

All I did was
Sprinkle on the powder and rubbed it in
Popped the sheet of bacon (yes, sheet, I made a whole pound of candied and spiced bacon) in the oven at 425 for 12 min then flipped them for another 12 min on the other side
Took them out and let them cool for a bit
Melted some chocolate in my double boiler and started dippin!
Put them on wax paper and set them outside to cool (its 14 degrees F outside in MN)

Got rid of the first pic because it looked unappetizing.

DSC00003.jpg

All the bacon and I dipped some cookies in the left over chocolate

DSC00005.jpg

Got the bacon in a bag!

The candied bacon we made was amazing

I haven't had any yet but I think its gonna be pretty good! :)

I'm not gonna lie to ya...
That looks disgusting.

Creative, and kitschy, but disgusting.
Hope I'm wrong. If so, let me know, I'll try it.

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!
All the counters in my kitchen were covered in pieces of candied bacon on brown paper. That was a beautiful sight! :D Then I had the best part, my chocolate covered 7 pot bacon in the center of it all!

I'm not gonna lie to ya...
That looks disgusting.

Creative, and kitschy, but disgusting.
Hope I'm wrong. If so, let me know, I'll try it.

Yeah, you either like how it looks or you don't. That's what I've gotten from it. They sell it (chocolate dipped bacon, on a stick of course) at the state fair here in Minnesota.

looks awesome. My favorite BBQ place "Phat Matt's" in Oakland, CA does a candied, chocolate covered bacon, which they chop up and mix into their pecan pie. it's heaven.

Both my dad and I are eating some right now. Conclusion, we both like it. Just enough powder was used to get some nice heat! Yet again, thanks to muskymojo for sending me the powder!!! :)

That looks, er, interesting! Not the most appetizing looking, but now I gotta try it. Personally, I love all things bacon.. Used to eat a pound of bacon every sunday through my 20's.. then I started thinking I might need to watch my cholesterol and its down to 5 slices. If I like that recipe I fear I may blow past my 5 slice limit now! LOL

Back