• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Chile Pepper Magazine

Just found out about this magazine called CHILE PEPPER MAGAZINE, and was wondering if anyone here subscribes, and what they think of it. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I used to. It was bi-monthly last I knew. Might get it again sometime. Some of the recipes got a little irritating because they just got too elaborate. And I usually love elaborate.

I have been getting it for about 4 years and the kids gave me a 3 year subscription for Christmas this past year. I really like the magazine...like boutros said, the recipes are somewhat tedious...

I just got the new issue and there is an article about Joy and Michael Michaud (peppers by post - Dorset Naga developers) in it...have scanned the magazine but not read it front to back...probably will this weekend...I like all the "chili tools" they have in their add sections...lots of cool stuff..

I liked it years ago before Dave Dewitt switched to "Fiery Foods and BBQ" but even that is full of adds, and all articles seem to be available online

i had a subscription, but i let it run out. i don't mind the ads in it, but the articles are pretty ridiculous. usually the amount of chiles they use in the recipes is minute if they even have chiles at all. they spend far too much time talking about NON-chile pepper related bullshit. that and they generally ignore any of the obscure chiles that we here are no stranger to. the only bhut jolokia recipe i've seen in about 4 issues in a row was a mayonaise recipe in the letters to the editor. Why would a chile pepper magazine need to have recipes for cocktails if they dont have chiles in them? wine? come on now.

sounds like a "letter to the editor" needs to be written Fine...state your opinion even though they may not publish it...

you have to remember, there are only a few of us in the world (relatively speaking) that know what we know about pods...

How much is it an issue? I'm sure I remember someone saying years ago that it was quite expensive, then again they were probably getting it imported from the US.

I've been getting it now for what...4 or 5 years. As a matter of fact I just asked mrs. blues to cancel it. I barely look at the cover anymore. Much more info on the net...like THP!! The mag is more foofoo than substance. They did have a good article about the Dorset in the UK. Way too much talk about restaurants, foodies, and chef's that don't matter. Somehow this rag got corrupted and bland. Now everything written about tastes like chicken. Unless you're brand new to chiles...don't bother.

Cheers, TB.

Cool magazine. They even published a picture from our annual chili competition here last year that we sent in to them.

Back