• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

chile grinding contraption

For my small batches, an old Mr. Coffee blade grinder.

Stuck a 1/2 dozen Bhuts innit recently, ground to dust, put 1/2 teaspoons worth in a bottle of A1. Let sit for a week.

Magic-----pure magic.

Not practical for large batches, but as I never grind the same twice, always a different grind size and/or mixture to try out, it is a very inexpensive tool.

Whoa! Just reviewed this thread, SL grinding contraption is quite the rig.

As for mine, have co-opted the wife's magic bullet grinder.....she's not happy!

Now if I can figure out how to attach my Dewalt drill motor to it, I will really be in business. Powder in 2.6 seconds.

That's odd. My cofee grinder which I believe is the same brand, blends the dried pods into a fine and even powder. Better than I expected actually, and very very fine. Like commercial quiality and it is under $30. Maybe you got dul blades? I set mine for the longest grind which is I believe 12 cups or something and then sometimes another spin for good measure and its all even. It works really really well..

But that rig you have there is intense.. Its a MANS chili grinder that wuld sell to all the people who collect powertools and talk abotu lawnmowers with their neighbors haha

Back