• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

powder-flake check out my variety for first HOT powder...

I picked a few pounds of peppers today and with the help of my new food dehydrator and pepper mill, I will be making my first HOT powder!
I am going out of town for a week so I am just mixing them all together.
I think the bulk of the powder will be Red car habs, Fatalii and datil.
P7110024.jpg

But THIS crazy SOB bout killed me!!
Labeled as 7-pot Jonah...Dam thing bout filled up my hand and I am 6 feet tall with basketball player hands!
blah.jpg

The oil was POOLING inside it!!
P7110026.jpg

Thanks for the advice on drying, but I am NOT eating the DEVIL FRUIT plain!
Smells amazing, but when I bit into it.... it bit back for like 20 min!

Katrina said:
Thanks for the advice on drying, but I am NOT eating the DEVIL FRUIT plain!
Smells amazing, but when I bit into it.... it bit back for like 20 min!

I love it when you cut them open and the oil is so thick you could almost bottle it....

I'm planning on opening all my 7 pots and scorpions and "milk" the pooled up oil out of them and put it in a bottle of vodka

Very nice looking pods. I don't know if you have made powder before or not, but if not I would like to offer one word of advice, grind it outside.

+1 what JayT said...

@Katrina
Per you pic, I now see what the Naga Jolakia pods look like. My three plants are loaded with those. I was thinking that they would look more like the Naga Morich or Bhut Jolakia pods.
BTW, if you want to part with any of those 7-pot Jonah seeds, let me know.

edit: Just ate a Naga Jolakia pod that was just turning red. Nice flavor, but the tongue burn really sneaks up on you. Between the four plants, there must be 300+ green pods. What to do, what to do.........

Great job on the pod pics Kat! The layout and labels are sweet. I don't know what that monster pod is but get ready for the trade requests! :lol:

Great peppers and pic! I'd put that on my wall as a poster.

I'd keep them seperate, you can always make a mix later but it'd be hella difficult to seperate em.

WACOFlyer said:
@Katrina
Per you pic, I now see what the Naga Jolakia pods look like. My three plants are loaded with those. I was thinking that they would look more like the Naga Morich or Bhut Jolakia pods.
BTW, if you want to part with any of those 7-pot Jonah seeds, let me know.

edit: Just ate a Naga Jolakia pod that was just turning red. Nice flavor, but the tongue burn really sneaks up on you. Between the four plants, there must be 300+ green pods. What to do, what to do.........

I think it looks rather like the PC-1 Jolokia, not the Chinense NJ.

Great photo Kat.

I would second UnNatural's plan of grinding everything separate. You can always mix up a small batch any time you like and still be able to judge each pepper powder on it's own. That's a win win.

Back