• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse cheaper green house

depending on size..
couple pieces of wood to make a teepee shape.. and wrap it with clear vapor barrier..
or even a clear matress bag... those are a fair size..
may not look like a store bought unit but it will sure work.

If you take four 4x4s and put them in the ground, and four 2x4s that are 12 feet long and nail them at the top of the 4x4s, you have yourself a 12' by 12' greenhouse that will last 15 to 20 years. Tack 6 mil greenhouse plastic on the outside and you are good. If you need extra insulation, you can also tack another layer of plastic on the inside of the wood to have a 3 1/2" vapor layer. There is more to it, but that would get you started. Then, also, by adding a couple of 4x4s and three more 2x4s, you can double the size of the greenhouse when you need to. I got 15F this last winter and this is what I have used for greenhouses since 1988, but mine are a little bigger than this.

if you want something that will last a year and that can be put up and taken down, you could build a hoop house..

check out post 95 and after for plans, materials needed, and pictures...

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19442-ajs-2011-season-start/page__st__80

Cheers guys, definitely need to get me some sort of greenhouse type construction happening, it is effort bringing the plants in and out every day!

Back