• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lighting CFL lights

I'm sure this has been went over with a fine tooth comb throughout the archives of THP.....BUT..I cant find it. (Maybe I'm just tired)

I would looooove to know everyones trusted websites, stores (ebay stores or brick and mortar) for honest no B. S. Shopping. I would personally like to find CFL's in the 3000~5000 lumen range and around 2700k\6500K.

Please help a brother out, I will be in your debt

There should be a sticky in this grow tech forum for suggested products IE; Seed starters, soil, lights, heat mats etc. (If there is something close to this please let me know, with a link possibly)

These kinds of questions come up more than almost any other. (Except for maybe the ins and outs of growing)

• bought my 100watt 6500k at walmart 2 for $10 that was last year i would buy a pack a week for a few months now i have them coming out my ears lol i also built this for them

• bought my 100watt 6500k at walmart 2 for $10 that was last year i would buy a pack a week for a few months now i have them coming out my ears lol i also built this for them

Cool! Its a perfect idea if you arent growing many plants and need to go cheap! Great job!

Thank you for the reply. I will have to check other walmarts out. The one I went too didnt have bulbs in the 6500k range at that watt. Whats the lumen rating on those 42w bulbs you have

1600 lumens made by GE i built 6 of these but all i had to buy was the bulbs and the switch i put in-line

I'm sure this has been went over with a fine tooth comb throughout the archives of THP.....BUT..I cant find it. (Maybe I'm just tired)

I would looooove to know everyones trusted websites, stores (ebay stores or brick and mortar) for honest no B. S. Shopping. I would personally like to find CFL's in the 3000~5000 lumen range and around 2700k\6500K.

Please help a brother out, I will be in your debt

There should be a sticky in this grow tech forum for suggested products IE; Seed starters, soil, lights, heat mats etc. (If there is something close to this please let me know, with a link possibly)

These kinds of questions come up more than almost any other. (Except for maybe the ins and outs of growing)
you can try biglots in Round Lake Beach, IL. i dont know what kind of product they have there but i find many cfl's at my big lots 4/10. the ones i got were 2300 lumens at 6500k

Thank you for the reply. I will have to check other walmarts out. The one I went too didnt have bulbs in the 6500k range at that watt. Whats the lumen rating on those 42w bulbs you have

~2800 lumens

and you can try http://www.1000bulbs...CFWnatgodricxQQ

Home Depot and Lowes carry the (42 watt) 2700K bulbs but it you want the 6500K bulbs, you have to order them unless you find them at a local hardware...they run about $13 each...

I found the 6500K 42 watt CFLs at Southerlands...a large local hardware store...and they were only $10 each...

Locally at the Lowes here in Knoxville, TN they have these massive 300watt equivalent using 65 actual watt 2700k ones. They are self ballasted and put off like 3900 lumens. The thing is though, that is about 3 23watt small ones that putt off 1600 lumens a piece and can be found in almost all colors produce more light for less cost and less wattage. 23watts times 3 is 69watts. 1600 lumens times 3 is 4800 lumens so you are getting almost 1000 more lumens for 4 more watts. Also, you can buy a 4 pack of small bulbs for 5 dollars less than the single 65watt bulb. The choice is yours.

I got my light bulbs from amazon and have been real happy with them. They have a 2 pack of 105W 5000K CFL bulbs for $30 with free shipping. The company I bought them from didn't know what the lumens were for that bulb (I think all the companies that sell them on amazon buy them from hong kong and slap their own logos on them, they're not manufacturers), but another seller that had an identical bulb listed it at 7100 lumens.
http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-105-Fluorescent-Daylight-Photography/dp/B004L75BGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329579147&sr=8-1

I'm using 23 watt, 2700K, 1600 lumen CFL's that I buy at the local discount grocery store for $1.00 for 2 in a pack...$.50 each, you can't go wrong for seedlings...

Home depot, Walmart or Lowes. Problem is you find something you like and they switch brands whenever they get a contract with a different company/supplier. I used to like the Lights of America stuff that Wallmart used to sell. While GE CLF bulbs always seem like crap. Haven't had much trouble with Sylvania though.

Back