• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Captain Lou Albano dies at 76

QuadShotz

Banned
Bummers, he was a fun guy back in the heyday of the WWF.

ALeqM5joPCX5l03Tt5b39-D8i3xHHuWmgw

NEW YORK — Captain Lou Albano, who became one of the most recognized professional wrestlers of the 1980s after appearing in Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" music video, died Wednesday. He was 76.

Albano, whose real name was Louis Vincent Albano, died in Westchester County in suburban New York, said Dawn Marie, founder of Wrestlers Rescue, an organization that helps raise money for the health care of retired wrestlers. He died of natural causes, Marie said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hhXl1AYSi10KT7xqNODyfio__jrAD9BB3HS84

Oh yeah, I remember that the Captain! Too bad. Maybe I'll put a rubber band on my face in memory of him....

How and why did he do that anyway?

RIP. I'm also surprised he was that old because he did some promos for WWE fairly recently i.e. within the last few years.

A shame.. Wrestling used to be pretty interesting.. RIP Cpt. LA

Now they call it "entertainment". Back in the 70s & 80s was much more "entertaining" when people beat the heck out of each other.. Not the pansy stuff they do now.

Back