vendor buying seeds in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.. my bad.

i have a query generally about purchasing seeds for people in aus. have you tried purchasing seeds from an overseas vendor? i could imagine there would be massive issues in regards to quarentine? also, are there places in aus where you can purchase seed packs for the less mainstream styles of chilli(ie bhuts, scorpions etc.. ) ? obviously there is ebay, but im cautious about buying seeds like that.

You shouldn't have any issues importing seeds from overseas provided the sender labels them with their botanical name (most that I have ordered from do) and makes sure no parts of plant or pod (fresh or dried) are mixed in. Sometimes customs will open your package but as long as all is in order, they'll seal it back up and send it on it's way. ;)

(Wow. I didn't know Grant was operating now... :dance:)

Wildfire have a great selection of Superhot seeds I noticed at the moment. Hippyseed is great too.
Never new Junglerain started a website, looks interesting.

As gas said overseas you need to put their Common and Botanical name on each seed packet(eg-Bhut Jolokia- Capsicum Chinense) and you will be right.

Micca

Buy your seed as close to you as possible. Even if you pay a few more dollars. Closer the better. The Chilli Seed Bank also has a great range. Ebay is hit and miss.

I got my seeds from neil at thsc and have grown them this season and all turned out great , also just 2 weeks ago i got 10 packs of seeds from Grant ...AKA junglerain.
Both were very friendly and fast service .

I would definitly buy from these guys again and yeh the website looks great Grant.

Cheers.

thanks for the replies. information id very much appreciated. I am hoping to keep my seeds purchased inside AUS, 1 to support the locals and 2 because its alot closer to home. im glad to see there are vendors here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back