• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Burgundy Dorset Nagalah

I have a pod on my Dorset plant that is purple. And yes it is very ripe, I left it on for a week and a half after it turned just to see. Normally after I get the first signs of ripening on this plant it happens within a day or two, so yes it is done changing color. I had an orange one earlier this season from the same plant but it did go red. Anyway, I am not really going to try and tell people the name but for me alone I like the name "Burgundy Dorset Nagalah (because of the mixed color, not crossed with Douglah). It has a nice ring to it. Also why try to name something that is not even a developed variety yet. I am saving the seeds and will see what happens next year.

That is how colors are developed right?

Here are the pics. I included a pic with some of the normal pods for reference:

Plant:

Candy red pods:

Burgundy:

Little chow wants food:

Satan seeing whats going on:

Orange one:

I know. What I was wondering is if I was to grow the seeds from this, would they be the same color. This is something I have not read too much about so I don't really know myself. 

PepperDaddler said:
I know. What I was wondering is if I was to grow the seeds from this, would they be the same color. This is something I have not read too much about so I don't really know myself.
Had all of the fruits on your plant been that colour then you would have a chance of seeing that colour in the next generation. The selection of traits is made across the entire plant. Hence I don't like your chances of seeing the same colour again.

In regards to the name there is already a hybrid called Nagalah that is a reportedly a hybrid of Naga and Douglah. Please don't create confusion by overloading on use of the name for something unrelated.

harry said:
In regards to the name there is already a hybrid called Nagalah that is a reportedly a hybrid of Naga and Douglah. Please don't create confusion by overloading on use of the name for something unrelated.

Didn't I address that on my original post?...Oh yeah, I did.

That name is mine personally, "for me alone", and if I want to call it that so be it.

Thank you for the info about Nagalah, I figured that name was taken or used already anyway.

Back