• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

bum burnin' birthday haul

I'm so friggin' excited!!!

IMAG0119.jpg

That is a fantastic group of sauces and spices you have there Impy. I like all of them except the Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce. I just didn't care for the taste of that one (probably the extract). I love the Lizard Eyes!

great haul Impy but I'm with JayT on the Daves...jesus, how does he stay in bidness...

He stays in business from college boys buying bottles to use for macho contests and practical jokes, lol! And from wing joints who cop out of making a decent hot sauce and covering their wings with Dave's (still ticked about that). Seriously though, Dave's is decent when used correctly. Do I pour a ton over pizza? Nope, but I put just a little in soups (a few drops of it in beer cheese soup is incredible), bbq sauces, etc to heat them up. I think the ghost pepper sauce has the best flavor out of the 4-5 Dave's varieties I've tried. It's actually the only item in my haul that is a repeat purchase.

Unfortunately, I was overzealous in sampling everything this morning and now I have a wicked case of heartburn. That Melinda's Naga Jolokia sauce is no joke!!!

Nice haul impy! Dave's ghost pepper sauce has a quick slapping heat. Gives me some terrible gut ache a few hours after eating it. I wish we had a place that actually had decent sauces around here. All we have are the standard run of the mill ones like tobbasco and other grocery store brands.

Your right about the Melinda's! I have a bottle of it in teh fridge now and it doesn't take much. But what I really like about it is that it has a good flavor too. It's not just all heat.

Edit: Oh and Happy Birthday!

I like all of them except the Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce. I just didn't care for the taste of that one (probably the extract).

I'm with JayT on the Daves...jesus, how does he stay in bidness...

Like all things food....some like it....some don't. I can't use the Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce like a table sauce. The taste is too harsh. BUT, it does make a damn fine ingredient for dips, soups, stews, and such. Used in that capacity, I think you'll find it is quite handy. :cool:

Back