• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Brown/greying of leaf edges with affected leaf areas feeling thin and empty.

I've noticed some leaves are turning brown/grey and they feel quite thin on the affected areas, as if the leaf cells have died. Some of the affected leaves feel quite dry and papery whereas others feel soft and squishy. Some of the plants are dropping the affected leaves. I'm growing indoors and have been fairly consistent with watering as well as ensuring they fully dry out. I've been feeding using the bio buzz range. At the moment it is at minimum dilution using bio-grow, bio-heaven and acti-vera. The affected plants seem otherwise healthy and are all putting out new leaves. I'm worried that it is some form of blight or bacteria and that it is going to spread to my other pepper plants. I've attempted to quarantine the affected plants as best as possible but I'm in a flat and it's still a bit too cold to get them outside.

Attachments

• DSC_1521.JPG
    DSC_1521.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1515.JPG
    DSC_1515.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_1516.JPG
    DSC_1516.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1518.JPG
    DSC_1518.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_1519.JPG
    DSC_1519.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_1520.JPG
    DSC_1520.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1522.JPG
    DSC_1522.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_1523.JPG
    DSC_1523.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_1525.JPG
    DSC_1525.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Temp is 74F with 58% humidity. See the fan & the cool mist emitter? Early pics.

1713711526778.png

Last week & the temp & humidity are the same & all the girls still love it.
1713711699476.png
I am envious of your setup! I don't have a hygrometer so can't give any accurate humidity readings. My flat is really damp so had assumed I wouldn't need to do much for the humidity except the occasional misting of leaves. When I do occasionally run my dehumidifier it usually reads around 60-65% humidity but I'm not sure how accurate this actually is. Do you think this is caused by being too dry? It has only shown up in the past week or two which would make sense in terms of dryness as the weather has improved so I've had my windows open.

I am envious of your setup! I don't have a hygrometer so can't give any accurate humidity readings.
Believe me I am still envious of my New setup. 3 seasons ago we had two double 8 foot HO Fluorescent light fixtures.
Long twisted heating cables that burned our flats, I have no pictures of this less than perfect way to start seedlings.

Do you think this is caused by being too dry?
From what I can see of the rest of the plant, all is looking good with the stem & other leaves.
To me I see no circles or areas that look diseased areas on the leaf. My gut tells me low humidity may be the cause.

The girls like it warm & moist, not cool & moist, in their protected world.

Something like this would be helpful, I have one in the chicken coop & one in the Plant room.

I have a couple of those.

Not an authority on this matter by any means, but I have noticed my humidity is usually 20%-40%, and I do not have anything like the OP is experiencing.

The temperature is usually between 70°F (lights off) and 90°F (lights fully on).

Back