• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brown 7 Pod vs. the Douglah

Which is hoter? The brown 7 pod or the douglah. I have to chose one over the other and all input would be appreciated.

The Douglah is the best pepper period!! :P
The Choco 7 is a great tasting pepper and very hot too!
They compliment each other very well!
I made a powder last year,,(private reserve) with both of those peppers!!
It was one of the best I have had!

:cool:
Kevin

I have to go with the 7 pod Brown. In my top 5 hottest peppers, also has a good taste. Don't get me wrong, the Douglah is very hot but not like the 7 pod Brown. The 7 pod Brown just destoryed me. Plus i don't care for the bitter taste of the Douglah.

Its been awhile since I've sampled them. The Douglah has a rather unpleasant taste unlike the 7 Pod Brown. My recollection, which could be faulty, was that the Douglah was hotter on a gram for gram basis. With that said, the 7 Pod Brown is a larger, heavier pepper. As such the 7 Pod Brown was more devastating. Don't get me wrong, they both destroyed me. I just seem to recall the 7 Pod Brown as being a huge capsaicin bomb which left me wrecked, sprawled out on the floor.

Judy's 7pod brown is without a doubt hotter than douglah. i specified Judys strain because there are quite a few brown 7pod and chocolate 7pod phenotypes and the don't all stack up!

I have only tried the Choco 7s,,Not a brown 7,,I didnt realize there was a difference until I saw a pic of a brown 7!
But Choco 7s arent nearly as hot as the Douglah!

Kevin

Ok I picked a Brown grown from Pepperlover seed and a Douglah a hour ago.The plants were both grown in the same size pots, same soil, ferts, etc. and also were located next to other. Both are burners, but I would say the Brown makes the whole body warm.While the Douglah does not blanket the torso as much. Also, I would give a slight nod in taste to the Brown, but I have made some killer sauces from Douglahs,. They are very close, at least mine.
Brown on the left.
test34001_zps94b7d849.jpg

Brown on the right.
test34007_zps035971f5.jpg

Douglah
test34014_zps418635e1.jpg

And the Brown pooling up oil regardless of not cutting into the placenta. Sorry about the pic quality. Gettung dark.
browntaste006_zps1e553497.jpg

Those look great..and the photos are real good, look at the oil marks after you cut them...there is a line of hot.
I wonder if any of you guys has eaten either of these then kissed your wife or g/f shortly after?...
Na that sounds like a bad idea maybe even being in the dog house for a while..

Back