• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Bright yellow tomato

I grew a yellow tomato purchased from Bunnings last season. The fruit turned orange and did not match the bright yellow photo on the Floriana Tomato Yellow tag. There's two of them in the garden again as the plant turned a productive monster. I hope to have some yellow C. Chinense pods to work with later in the season.

Is anyone growing a bright yellow tomato cultivar for ultimate use in a bright yellow hot sauce? The only variety I have seen about is yellow tumbler that isn't suitable yield wise. I haven't seen anything by the way of seed of yellow cultivars in the shops.

Hi Harry, how about Brandywine Yellow? I havent grown it so i cant say how good it will be at least its big ;)
Or Sunray?

I have seeds for both, so look them up and see if you want them.

I will answer your pm later, need to run for work.

Later!

//Oscar

i have yellow sweat 'n' neat, yellow pear and lemon boy. i have been eating the snw and just starting the yellow pear and am still waiting on the lemon boy to ripen. looks like the rest of this week and next we will avoid frost but it is getting cold at night.

i doubt, i will be using them to colour my hot sauce, i tend to lean towards tumeric to deliver yellowing.

I can see one called Gold Dust that listed as bright yellow. Another listing has it as ripening to orange. A question is though how deep is the orange colour. It does appear to be an interesting variety due to it maturing early.

I'll wait and see what the plants grown from the Floriana Yellow Tomato seeds here produce. My hunch is it will not be the same as the parent plant.

Hi Harry, how about Brandywine Yellow? I havent grown it so i cant say how good it will be at least its big ;)
Or Sunray?

I have seeds for both, so look them up and see if you want them.
The photos I saw of Brandywine Yellow and Golden Sunray reveal them to ripen to orange. I prefer using juicier ripe tomatoes to increase the liquid content of the sauce.

I'm looking to grow Sungolds (though they can be slightly orange) this year amongst others.
I'd be interested to see photos of Sungold tomatoes allowed to fully ripen on the vine. My inkling is some seed sellers use the best photo. The best photo of course being one that may be misleading.

i have yellow sweat 'n' neat, yellow pear and lemon boy. i have been eating the snw and just starting the yellow pear and am still waiting on the lemon boy to ripen. looks like the rest of this week and next we will avoid frost but it is getting cold at night.

i doubt, i will be using them to colour my hot sauce, i tend to lean towards tumeric to deliver yellowing.
The yellow pear type tomatoes are probably available in some shop around here. Is the Sweet 'N' Neat Yellow an F1 hybrid? I read that it's a relatively new to the market here. Curiously the name Lemon Boy is used to describe a hybrid and an heirloom variety. One document has it immediately under a heading of Heirloom Types yet the description lists it as a hybrid. The other results I've seen list it as a recent hybrid.

there is a variety called golden roma. roma tomatoes are used is sauces if i'm not mistaken.

Golden Roma seeds appear to be available from Eden Seeds. This one is interesting as an heirloom.

Back