Breakfast burrito maker

The Hott Dude

New Registrant
Hello site, In my country my wife ask what I want for my present, and I say Hamilton Beaches Breakfast Burrito Maker. It cost a lot to ship but dish is affordable. I have the craving to make breakfast burrito because I don't know much this food or how to make. This device will make it for you, so I wish for this robot lol.

Did anyone here take one? And did you approve?

The burrito is the Mexican food we do not have a lot of, and the breakfast kind, is not found. This make pitas warm to cooks eggs and wrap like the chef.

https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/breakfast-breakfast-burrito-maker-25495.html

I imagine this
25495-pkg-front.jpg

To magic it make this

25495-09.jpg

The Hott Dude said:
Yes, is there any member here with gadget experiences? I wonder to this worth monies.
With a little practice and a decent frying pan you can pretty much do everything that gadget can do and more. Invest in a cookbook instead maybe? one with picstures, sometimes it helps to see it. Or there's always youtube and the net.  either way good luck and have fun. Breakfast burritos are good eats

This gadget appears to be what Alton Brown calls a "unitasker" and is only good at one thing. As FreeportBurn points out, you really don't need the gadget. Cook or warm up all  your filling in a decent frying pan and get a good, cheap, cast iron comal to warm up your tortillas - then you are in business.

FreeportBum said:
With a little practice and a decent frying pan you can pretty much do everything that gadget can do and more. Invest in a cookbook instead maybe? one with picstures, sometimes it helps to see it. Or there's always youtube and the net.  either way good luck and have fun. Breakfast burritos are good eats

I will heed advice here. After reviewing videos, it seems this is not the magic robot once thought. It simply drop a cooked egg on warm pita like a trap door, lol, which I can easily do with a spatula tool.
I told my wife the present I want just got cheaper. One spatula please.

dragonsfire said:
Cast Iron Pan best investment ever ! :)
Still trying to get a cast iron Wok.

I have an enameled CI wok, but it's kind of nonsensical for much besides frying and stir-fry because you can't really rock a wock hei w/ it, and it sucks to lift etc to pour the stuff out of ... which needs to be done quickly, when it's time ...

I have a carbon steel wok, which I'm going to season for use in the immediate future, and I'm expecting that to be my go-to for all things wok ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Cast iron wok = oxymoron. Though there may be a couple good uses.

I love the way things deep fry in it, relatively speaking ... compared to my countertop electric and when I've use a pan etc ...

Otherwise it's fine for stir-fry ...

And it can be used w/ a metal rack insert for steaming ...

There are ways to cook in it such that it can wok, but it requires a lot more planning in advance ...

Protein in, brown and make fond of sorts, and then reserve for cooking the aromatics and veggies, and then return w/ the sauce right at the end ...

It's annoying trying to think through it to that extent ... kind of ruins the whole beauty of cooking in a wok ...

Before I brew w/ the new banjo burner, I'll fire it up and get a little feel for it seasoning my carbon steel wok ... that thing is over 100,000 IBU's, so it's actually a true-China heat source and should be interesting (if not a little scary) ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452454567.461702.jpg

Back