• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

bought a cheapo meter got questions.

ok i bought this http://www.google.co...1t:429,r:25,s:0

its a cheapo meter but i want to grow a few of my plants with more control this year so i want to know about where on the ph scale and on the moisture scale i should stay.i would imagine staying maxed out for the light scale is what i need but ph wise ehhh i have no clue.as it stands i am currently directly on the 6 with my ph and about on the 5 with moisture.the way i tested my soil was i filled a cup about halfway full with my soil mixture then put just enough water in it to get it a little bit muddy then tested it.anothe thing i been messing with the light meter on this thing and when i put it under my fluorescent light it goes almost no where but if i put it under a cfl it goes all the way up.why is this i mean my fluorescents are putting out way more visable light then my cfls are.

It's well worth it just for the moisture meter. Great to measure moisture at various levels in containers or in ground.

I didn't think much of the pH probe, so I snipped it off last year! Made it easier to use the moisture probe in small pots. The light meter seemed pretty weak also, but I didn't give it much of a chance.

Back