chinense Bhut Jolokia Varieties

I have been seeing a lot of Bhut Jolokias posted and hear a lot of people talking about the different varieties and shapes.

I am curious to know these varieties and don't know where to start as far as looking for them as I do not know all of the names. I have heard of naga morich, bih jolokia, bhut jolokia, dorset naga, and a lot of others I cannot remember.

I know this may be a tall order but is there any way you guys as the community could help me out and post pics of the varieties you know of?

This would be very helpful and much appreciated, and it may help a lot of other people to know what they have growing if they are not too sure. A lot of times different types may just be sold as "ghost pepper".

Thank you.

Sorry for not posting pics. There are tons of Nagas!!! I know pretty much all of them, here it goes!

Regular Red Bhut
Indian Carbon
Assam
Peach
Chocolate/Brown
Purple
Yellow
White
Caramel/Bih-Bhut
Burmese
Bengal
Spanish
Cornish
King Naga
Brazilian
Bih
Naga Morich
Dorset Naga

Some Naga crosses
Habalokia
Bhutlah
Jays Ghost Scorp
and any other crosses you can imagine!

Well. That's all I can come up with off the top of my head. If I can think of any others I will list it.

For example I bought a "ghost pepper" plant and the pods are a little more blunt than elongated and have a small "lobe" on the tip.

Here is what I guess a typical Bhut looks like?

Bhut_Jolokia_Pepper.jpg

Here are mine:

I would still like to see pictures of varieties if you guys have some.

its a hot variety!  but yours is to smooth and small to be a bhut jolokia ghost   but  dorset nagas are fun too

i have some ghost seeds

dorset nagas are indeed fun.... and :hot:!!! They're kinda like a sister pepper to the ghost/bhut jolokia.

They'll leave you burping fumes that feel like a combustible vapor cloud for the remainder of the day! Definitely worth having

The sneaky thing about them is that you don't feel a thing for the first 15-20 seconds. Just tastes nice a sweet..... and then BOOM!

Here's one of my naga morich. Like Phil said they may be small but pack one hell of a bite. I've read these are another sister variety.

CAM00609_zpsfe3c4e90.jpg

These are bhut Indian carbon

CAM00820_zps69335351.jpg

These are supposed to be peach bhut but some have stingers on the end so I'm not sure. Could have something crossed in there. Oh well.. Lol they're still blazing hot.

CAM00836_zps51f8d185.jpg

On the top are Bhut Jolokia Reds. On the bottom look like a bhut got crossed with another naga.

7919381484_d68d044fd3_c.jpg

Various naga moriches.
7786225990_aa23075476_c.jpg

Bih Jolokias.

9424259907_48bc2d3d80_c.jpg

Yellow Bhut Jolokia.

9424260697_277bb57734_c.jpg

What kind are these  i seperated them in piles of similar pods by color shape and size i went to see if i could buy some old plastic pots from a nursury he asked what for i mentioned peppers he got excited "oh yea? come with me!"  went behind his shop he had 3 HUGE maybe 3 and a half feet tall but wide and falling to the ground with fruits so he gave me a gallon bag of Ghost peppers and 80 pots free!  i was  suprised to see so many variations off the 3 plants
any idea
downsized_0803030018_zps5fb52b22.jpg

downsized_0803030024_zps475de403.jpg

downsized_0803030024a_zpsafe8f5fc.jpg

downsized_0803030018a_zps3b48be0a.jpg

Back