• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Best Buy Maybe Not Price Gouging Harvey Victims

ColdSmoke

eXtreme
Real or fake?

DIe0FctVAAIoJ8J.jpg

Edit...Even if real, maybe it's not too bad since they look like 1 liter bottles. Less than $2 a bottle

I got this off an article on a blogger site.

I'm not sure what's worse, the price gouging or the fact that a business would blame employees for any wrong doing. It all starts at the top...

Nobody will have to buy water or food for a while, I've been through or worked most of the major storms in the last 25 years and there's always the Nat'L Guard in first and then Red-Cross comes in and not to mention all the donations of supplies. After Katrina they set up pick up points for what ever you needed and they also gave out checks to leave if you wanted too. 

The biggest problem is the lapse between when it happens and when help can get in. I'm sure the Corpus area is getting what they need to live but the flooding in Houston will take a while to recede and that's when it gets rough. Everyone should have a case of MRE's just for these times.

I'm glad I missed this storm after last years flood but I'm worried about that new storm brewing, it has time to be a monster before it gets here and the water temp is prime for a major storm.

Prayers sent to all the flood victims, I hope no more life is lost.

As for companies trying to gouge the people in a tragedy, well God has a special place for them and the locals never forget and I'm sure it's worse now with social media. The State Attorney Office and the Government will also investigate when they hear about it.

I'd bet it's real. My buddy lives southeast of Houston (in Richmond, TX) and said price gouging is going on like crazy down there right now. He said gas is almost $10/gallon. I saw a story on my local news about it last night, where stores were selling cases of water for $100.

It's fucking disgusting, and those people should be put in jail.

Back