• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Mexican TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Mexican TD! Finally!

4. You must create a post in this topic with a name of your creation, a list of ingredients and cooking methods, and two presentation pictures (MAX). You are free to post additional pictures in unofficial posts and teasers.
5. Proof of Life = 80 cents in coins posted in a teaser pic or presentation pic.

BEGIN!

ENDS MONDAY EVE AT 10 PM EDT!

FAIL!!!! Salsa Lady? Drunk maybe I little a.
Damn that looks good..... XOXO!

Hurry up rice... UP... HURRY!

Thanks, D2S and Impy, I was a little messy on the presentation, (see the black beans stuck on the top of the tortilla?) but they really tasted great. The fruit salsa with the fish, great combo!

ImpyChick, way to improvise on the salsa! Those poppers looked really appetizing!

edit-AW, POOP! I was in a hurry to get the plating pics done, out on the deck with the yellowjackets attacking, and the crema drizzling away....forgot the POL!

Oh Well.....Salsa STILL RULES!

Very nicely done, SL! :party:

Wondering - what did you do with the tortillas? I ask because they don't look toasted (dry griddled) or lightly fried, so am curious.

Very nicely done, SL! :party:

Wondering - what did you do with the tortillas? I ask because they don't look toasted (dry griddled) or lightly fried, so am curious.

just nuked them. I prefer flour tortillas, but thought the yellow corn would work better for this meal. As we've talked about before, I can never seem to get the corn tortillas to work and not break. I saw someone else nuke 'em for a recent party and it seemed to work well, so that's what I did.

For the first ones we ate quick after preparing the plate, it was fine, then they broke a little. But it all still tasted Great. Brings back memories of Baja~~~~

Ah yes, the micro-nuker.....

I've done my share of that, too, so am guessing the ingredients must be diff, as even nuking the ones I usually get gives them a different appearance. Could just be the lighting, too. Either way - looks YUMMY!

Madge? Oh, Madge? Where the heck is the Palmolive???? ScoD has used every pot and pan we own - twice!!! slave driver. But mmmm...there's a Mexican Coma in our near future!!!! teehee

Hey! I'm not a Fatali Virgin anymore!!!! Thanks SL!!!! Pretty sure "Fatali" is African for "death" tho! But, oh so citrussy, with a nice floral undertone...at least that's what the surviving tastebuds told me. 'Course, they also told me my 'Lada tastes like a Bloody Mary, so who can tell, right?

crap. More dishes....Everyone's pics are making me sooooooo hungry! Good Eats 'cross this nation tonite!

alright Chile Juju! Your first fatalii! Now...on to the douglahs and scorps!

A couple months ago everyone was posting late, this month it's the $ :crazy:

500 Horse Power Mole Platter:

CLOCKWISE FROM POL:

Chicken en Mole:
Toast 5 of each in the oven: Dried: California, New Mexico, Chile Negro, Pasilla-Ancho, Arbol, Habanero, 2Corn Tortillas
2-3 lbs. chicken poach in 4 c. powdered chicken broth w. 1 onion, 3cloves garlic for 25 minutes
meanwhile: toast
2TBs pine nuts
3cloves galic
1-1/2TS Seasame seeds in a HOT fry pan (when they jump out like pop-corn... pan's hot enough)

Add to BLENDER:
1GREEN Banana
1/2 handfull raisins
1ts cinnamon
20-30 blanched Almonds
Toasted stuff from above including Nuts
and reserved broth.

pull chicken out of pan
strain broth and pull chicken off bones
In same 6 qt. pan... Melt 3 oz Ibara Mexican Chocolate and 1 cube butter
when melted, add mole liquor from blender and reserved broth.
you should have 10 cups of sauce roughly.
Now COOK the sauce. Stay there with a wisk for about 10-20 minutes with high heat a stir like a MF (Master Frisker)
Add salt to taste, pulled chicken..
And Viola' Chicken en Mole'!

Still clockwise
Tortillas for Mole'

Jalapeno HUBcaps..
Slice, batter, deep fry

DUAL CARBS; Rice...
You know... RICE

Nitrous buttons:
Habaneros topped and cleaned out
filled with cream cheese, cheddar, cotja, garlic salt & smoked chocolate congo powder

Gound beef Tacos w. Corn Tortillas
brown ground beef
added pepper powder
Cheddar, cotija, salsa

Steak Tacos w. flour tortillas
New York steak Dry chile powder the night before
on Nuclear hot grill 4 min.s
slice thin on a pan-burnt flour tortilla topped with Cilantro /Garlic/ olive oil saucy stuff.... Name?

More steak and Nitrous buttons...

Chille Rellenos... 2 fillings
Burnt the chilles on the grill, peeled'm
1. stuffed with Pepperjack cheese and Black refried beans
2. Jalapeno w. a cheddar stick, into the Poblano w. Pepperjack cheese
kind of a :double stuffed pepper
Both were Battered- then - deep fried

:::Edited::: for the SALSA! (duhhhhhhhh) (center)
All Garden Fresh:
Shaved Cabbage,
Diced Tomatos,
Minced onion,
Shaved red onion
chopped Jalapeno / Serano
chille powder / cumin/ garlic/ garlic salt

97 octane fuel refried black beans w. garlic powder, beer, cumin and EPAZOTE in the center....

Refill your tequila glass and sniff your Computer screen as hard as you can........

Feast!

Wish you all were here for some
500 H.P. MOLE'!
8e344f97.jpg

74ecbe16.jpg

All the pics I took...only a few actually made it out of the camera. So...here's some teaser-randomness.

The chiles:

Dried Nu-Mex (Hatch <hot>), jalapeno, serrano, orange habanero, red habanero, and one of AJ's "super-scorps". Not in the pic, I used about 3 pounds of fresh Hatch chiles that I roasted, and peeled.

septtd1.jpg

Yeah...of all the damn pics to actually make it...the 'end-cut' bacon pieces made it into the fold. These are for the pozole, and the borracho beans.

septtd2.jpg

Veggies for the grill...tossing something a little different on fajitas. Medium portabellas, onion, hatch green chiles, jalapenos, lime, salt and pepper.

septtd3.jpg

And for the rice, I boil down a half dozen or so baby carrots, a large roma tomato, a dried hatch/numex hot, and add some fresh roasted hatch green chile. blend it up, and add the water and some chicken stock to cook the rice, then puree.

septtd4.jpg

Damn SD I'm almost ashamed to post mine tomorrow..(Hangs head in sorroful depression)
well I'll put it out there but I'm not sure how it will do against this hot competition...
I told you all to bring it...and you did.....have lots to consider for next month...
V

vultture....don't git skeered now! Jump on in to the fray! There's lots more posts to come along. I didn't get the coinage into the pics so......anything can happen1 Noobs have won on their first entries!

DeVille, you can post a "teaser " post with prelim pics, ingredients, etc.
Edit- prelim pics being cross-posted! :lol:

re-edit- btw, thanks, deville, the mole was yummy to snack on while we were cooking the BajaSpecials~

Damn SD I'm almost ashamed to post mine tomorrow..(Hangs head in sorroful depression)
well I'll put it out there but I'm not sure how it will do against this hot competition...
I told you all to bring it...and you did.....have lots to consider for next month...
V

C'mon man....

I wonder what TB or JT would say.... hmmm......

well they're not here!!!!! ARE YOU GONNA BRING IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back