• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Duo December Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks G! :) I had such a blast cooking and posting last night!!!! 'Cept I no feel so good today! hahahaha Serves me right!!!!!

SL - I sure had fun using your awesome concoctions!!!!! Thanks!!!!! :)

Then you are probably right about the 6 hrs. Its about 5-5.5 to Pittsburgh from here.

CJ, they are an aphrodisiac. Look out SD! Oh wait, she didn't eat them.

I would like to say that Vegan Ray did an outstanding job in his first throwdown. Better than most first timers. Of course, it did not convince me to not eat meat, but it did look pretty good.

Google maps says you're only 2,416 miles from us, that's only 1 day + 15 hours away. How's Wednesday?

edit: Thanks wheebz!

So is SoFlo going to be a NoShow for this TD???
Nah - We see you lurking, SummerBoy!

nah. He stayed back. He was probably partying with Sum this weekend.

He hates the woods. His fur gets all matted and he has a hard time controlling his animal impulses.
One time we took him camping and everyone went through a crap-load of beer and old-crow.
The humans passed out, we thought bear did too.
When we woke up, our garbage bags were ripped through, food scraps were EVERYWHERE, two of the women were missing,
and bear was asleep by the smoldering ashes of our campfire with a slim-jim wrapper on his chest and the scent of nacho-cheese Combos emanating out of each snore.

He hasn't been back since.

true story.

Ha! I've been watching the awesomeness. Bear has me pounding beers like I'm in college again. I HATE when he comes over. Fridge is ransacked, bear fur everywhere, my place smells like a brewery, crushed Combos on the floor...

He'll probably pass-out in the tub again with a can of Cheese-Whiz. I'll tuck him in with the Mexican blanket... a new move I've heard about, no experience... and I'll probably get the DT's tomorrow.

Bear... that guy...

I would like to say that Vegan Ray did an outstanding job in his first throwdown. Better than most first timers. Of course, it did not convince me to not eat meat, but it did look pretty good.

+2 for that! And while it may not convince me to abandon meat altogether, I'd definitely chow down on his meal any day. :clap:

YAY! Juju got her mojo on~ Which sauce was it that went into the crock pot?

Ha! I've been watching the awesomeness. Bear has me pounding beers like I'm in college again. I HATE when he comes over. Fridge is ransacked, bear fur everywhere, my place smells like a brewery, crushed Combos on the floor...

He'll probably pass-out in the tub again with a can of Cheese-Whiz. I'll tuck him in with the Mexican blanket... a new move I've heard about, no experience... and I'll probably get the DT's tomorrow.

Bear... that guy...
Excuses, excuses - you still have an hour and a half - I can blacken and fry catfish in less than that. :cool:

Yeah geeme, you could probably even catch it first too!

SL, She put a whole bunch of stuff in there, but of your sauces she used, Smoked Hab/red bell pepper, and Smoked hab w. Pear and garlic. eeyyuummee!

G- I would have done bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill and then a shrimp ceviche with a side of Busch Light... and blown you all away, but things got too busy in SoFlo this weekend. ;)

PB on toast with honey
PB with fresh apple slices

YUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back