BEER!

Yep, readily avaliable here in Mi. Thought their IPA was outstanding, right there with my favorite. Also enjoyed the Ruination DIPA. However the Cali-Belgique (sp.) was meh and not a fan of strong ales so Arrogant Bastard, did not like. Definately will try another bomber of the IPA.

Not to sound to provincial; we have a number of outstanding micro breweries here. Therefore, all things being equal, I tend to buy local.

arrogant bastard is a staple in most bars in nashville tn. have yall ever heard of good people? best beer ever is ther oatmeal ale :hell:

Yep, readily avaliable here in Mi. Thought their IPA was outstanding, right there with my favorite. Also enjoyed the Ruination DIPA. However the Cali-Belgique (sp.) was meh and not a fan of strong ales so Arrogant Bastard, did not like. Definately will try another bomber of the IPA.

Not to sound to provincial; we have a number of outstanding micro breweries here. Therefore, all things being equal, I tend to buy local.

totally with you on going local. Stone is a local beer for me, and I like it. :)

Agree on the Cali-Belgique, and the last couple of years of Vertical Epic have been not enjoyable to me--they have a few weirdities that are not my cup of tea. I do like the arrogant bastard, IPA and pale ale a lot. I also really like the Double Bastard because for as much alcohol as it has it doesn't taste "hot" at all--just super rich while not smacking you with a lot of extraneous flavors. I think it's a perfect pairing for spicy food.

Stopped by the liquor store before Mass tonight. The one on base usually has a pretty good Craft/Micro selection. Found this one.
1324b00b.jpg

I had to Google it to find out what the deal was with the India Brown ale. I guess it is kind of like a hybrid/cross with a bunch of stuff. Cracked one open a few minutes ago, and it is pretty damn good. I am happy with the choice and will definitely be adding it to my llist.

Went to the store and was just looking and found this Porter from Bells. Very good Old English Style Brown Porter. Nicely bitter and not over hopped. May just have to finish the 6 tonight.
f2511326.jpg

(null)

Wen to the store and was just looking and found this Porter from Bells. Very good Old English Style Brown Porter. Nicely bitter and not over hopped. May just have to finish the 6 tonight.
f2511326.jpg

(null)

Yes, this is a very nice porter especially at a fairly regular sale price of $7.99 this year. You may also want to try the Founders porter. IMHO the Founders is very well balanced and creamy smooth taste without being overly sweet. Founders nails their porters and stouts. Bell's still is a quality beverage.

dude if you can find Double Cream Stout or Expedition Stout from bells, freakin buy it

shits so cash

Expedition has a healthy alcohol bite at 10.5%. Have four that have been aging since 2/11. Thinking it may be time to try one to see if it's rounded out some. Planning on drinking my one and only Founders KBS Xmas morning.....can't wait!

Oh man, don’t mess with my illusion! KBS (and CBS) have attained a near mythical status complete with long lines at release parties, inflated prices and rationing. My one bottle of KBS was obtained at the Founders release by a good friend and beer hipster that lives in the GR area. Even he has said that the Founders Breakfast Stout (standard variety) is 90% of the KBS at half the price.

Also looking forward to trying a Dark Horse Bourbon Barrel Aged Plead the 5[sup]th[/sup] that I’ve just acquired (from the above mentioned hipster). At 14% ABV, I’m wondering if it may be to “boozy” and would benefit from some aging. He’s put down a four pack and may have the opportunity to taste in the future. I’m not waiting, will be pleading the 5[sup]th[/sup] on Xmas eve. :beer:

I’m on a RIS kick at the moment!

So tonight I had a new beer, one of Samuel Adams limited editions called The Vixen
f475d132.jpg

It's a really good Bock made with Chocolate and Chilies and was damn good
210ade59.jpg

Now for most of us Chiliheads around here you may have a hard time actually tasting the Chili in it. I know I did.
The chocolate came through like a champ but the chili was more of a background flavor.
707d459e.jpg

It really is worth the try though. Whether you can really pick out the chili or not ist's still a good brew.

Cheers,
RM

ive heard about this but havent gotten to try it yet

like was it legitimately worth it that I should try to seek it out, or was it like Infinium that was all hype and the beer was meh

The beer was really good but I was expecting to be able to pick out a chili note and possibly some heat but as I've been enjoying alot of Fataliis lately I guessed I couldn't. Still, I liked it and would get it again. There were 4 or 5 of these limited editions there and I picked up 2 of them. So watch for the next one tonight.

(null)

Back