BEER!

Finished the Jameson, time for some....
970e561d.jpg

in honor of Top Chef Texas.

I just had that the other night and it was surprisingly good. Otherwise, not a big fan of Leinenkugels.

I just saw that Stone's Vertical Epic for this year is a chile beer! Well, kind of. It is a Belgian Style Amber Ale brewed with cinnamon and Hatch chiles. I cannot wait to try this.

thats one thing I dont like in beers...is...spices an herbs, if its very small ammounts that you barely taste it then thats fine, if more than that IMO it destroys the flavor of what beer should be!!! & IMO chiles dont belong in beer!!! & refuse to buy chiled beer.

Me = lucky. I can have DFH anytime I want. Almost all their offerings too. Plus, I get to go to the brewpub two or three times a year when I go to Rehoboth.

It isnt too bad where I am at. On base it is pretty common to find a lot of micro/craft brews. They have a few DFH choices. Also, there is a wine store down the street that also specializes in micro/craft brews and lets you build your own 4 or 6 packs. The only problem is I usually spend about 16-18 for the pack. But they have a huge selection of hard to find stuff. I usually go with 50/50 new and stuff I have tried when I do it. I am reallllllllllly on a IPA kick right now, so my last few 6ers have been all IPAs.

So I am quite disappointed. I was UBER (Yes, Uber) excited about the Magic Hat Winterland Seasonal variety pack. So much so that I paid like 18 bucks for a 12 pack. It came with #9, which I love, Encore, thier IPA, Howel, a black ale, and Ravell, a porter brewed with vanilla beans. Well, aside from the tried and true #9 and Encore, the other two were terrible. The black ale tasted like an ash tray. If they were going for the marlboro man's brew, they HIT IT! Ravell started off nice, and then it hit me with that ash tray flavor. I thought my palette may have been a bit fatigued after the IPA, so I let my sister give it a try and she agreed. So, for all you out there that were thinking about picking this pack up to try a few new, I would stick with a 12 of #9 or maybe a DFH or Sweet Water.
f28d69fa.jpg

Back