BEER!

Missed out last year but not this year.
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale
12 oz 7%ABV
Nice reddish brown pour with a short head that didn't hang around very long. A good brew but was a little more hoppy than I was expecting. I guess I was looking for more malt and pumpkin spice flavor. Still, I would drink this again.

fa8184d6.jpg

7c879a09.jpg

So, after an exciting day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter what does the adult wizard do?

Pulls out his wand:
9bea3eb2.jpg

And utters the incantation "BEER SOMEOREOF" and
f1a595ac.jpg

Form Magic Hat Brewing

223da7c7.jpg

Hex Octoberfest beer and this ain't no Butter Beer Harry

c893bb6a.jpg

Cool label and a really great brew. Not too hoppy with a good finish

I havent had that one, in fact I havent had any magic hat products in quite some time, and I do love #9

Tonight I am drinking some Southern Tier OAT, right from the filter, finished at 11.32%, sooooo gooooodddddd

should probably stop drinking though, still have 10 more hours of work...

Ok with my DC dinner tonight I had got to enjoy another Dogfish Head brew I haven't had before.

Dogfish Head Chateau Jiahu a brew based on a 9000 year old recipe.

e3d49e99.jpg

Pour was clean with about a 1 finger of head. The head lingred for a sip or 2 and then disappeared. This is a very flavorful Ale. I picked up very little malt flavor as it was over powered by the fruit and other flavors added to it. The label doesn't give the ABV but I can tell it's a strong brew. Overall it's a tasty brew which I really enjoyed but I wouldn't want more than 1 at a time.

b14a7097.jpg

65476ad0.jpg

Cheers,
RM

Nice RM!!! 3 great ones in a row!!!!

I could review busch light a bunch of times!!

As for pumpkin ales, I really like Sam Adams version. Tastes like pumpkin pie. Best one I've ever had.

Did the jiahu have a mead flavor, or was it like a honey-wine-beer blend????

It was really a taste unto itself at least to me. I could make out the taste of the grape juice but not any if the others, not individually like the grape juice.

Tonight (among others)

8d252fbf.jpg

Im new to this thread, and mad at myself for not jumping in earlier. Well, my first IPA was a Dogfish Head 90 or 60 minute, i dont remember....to much :beer: but I wasnt really into it. After a while, I started craving IPAs as the others didnt have enough "umph". Well I think I may have hit the peak on this one. The Stone Brewery Runiation IPA is about as stout as I have had. Extremely "Hoppy", and rates 100+ in IBU's. If I hadn't worked up to this one, I would have trashed it.

I have a buddy who brews his own booze and told me about it. Today after work I went to a local wine/spirit shop that lets you make your own 6 packs and discounts the price. I picked up the Ruination and another Stone Brew, as well as some other IPAs and seasonals.

The label has a whole story that talks about how it is called ruination because after you take a sip your palette is ruined. Soon, you will not taste any other beer and must come back. But at almost 20 bucks a 6er I hope I am not Ruinationed...

I really enjoyed it, and found that it stood up really well to superhots. I made some burgers, fries, and mac and cheese and dumped a bunch of superhot flakes on it. I could actually taste the beer instead of having a subdued flavor I usually get eating supers and stuff.

Definitely worth it for those into heavy hopped IPAs.

unfortunately when I went to tap that this morning at 5:30am, it was labeled wrong, and it was actually Choklat

which I guess isnt really that unfortunate

Well I was in the beer store the yesterday, nothing new about that but I happened upon this nice little find:

fc1cee4f.jpg

Lagunitas Dopple Weizen. Really good Bavaran Style ale. Not overly sour and not overly hoppy. Really a nice drinking ale
98c8f058.jpg

Back