• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Been away from the board, My Apologies

4 times in the past 8 days went out for ethnic food. Gave the waitress/waiter the speech: Make it seriously hot. To my surprise, every single place did:

Pittsburgh 2 places Lin's Asian Fusoin and Thai Me Up both in the souith side. Left sweating. Akron yesterday and today Pad Thai Hudson OH, the waitress said we can make it thai hot and i said, what about triple thai hot (red curry). She said OK and KABANG! Today a friend and I went to another pad thai on Fairlawn OH and I asked for quadrouple Thai hot and the waiter laughed and said no problem, the hotteste we have served is 10 times thai hot, would you like to have that, I replied not today, quadrouple will be fine. (Green Curry). Ate half of it. It was flavorful and hot and killing me.

3 of these 4 places were thai and one was chinese that served some thai. I am happy because just 2 yrs ago, it was like pulling teeth to get a mild bite of heat to the food.

Red thai curry rocks and this si great that this part of the country finally has some places that will knock your mouth out on request and they do it with peppers, not hot sauces.

Love me some red curry. yum, you're making my mouth water.

You live in WA, you probably have great thai, vietnamese etc all over the place

I know what you mean, in Sacto, at one particular place when I ordered Hunan I got something hot, at others nothing, here in Utah it's a joke in quite a few places I've been too. Hunan dishes are suppose to be HOT!

I know what you mean, in Sacto, at one particular place when I ordered Hunan I got something hot, at others nothing, here in Utah it's a joke in quite a few places I've been too. Hunan dishes are suppose to be HOT!

I do not know how many chinese places I have asked to have the food extremely hot and very very very rarely, does it happen. One around 1990 we were at a mexican place and my dumb ass says HOT as opposed to Picante and I kept saying extremely hot, extrmely hot. Well, it came out super steaming temperature wise.

Good to see you back!

;) Good memory. Classic topic.

Back